Choose style:

Author Topic: Problems with internet on iOS devices  (Read 11596 times)

LGNilsson

Re: Problems with internet on iOS devices
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2014, 03:47:42 am »
It's a driver issue as far as we can tell as it doesn't affect everyone.

Offline ddyvt

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2014, 10:31:38 am »
I'm also having intermittent connectivity issues with my iphone5s and macbook air as well.  Works great for a few minutes then nothing loads.  I still have my old wireless router so I'm having to use that instead, but almond+ unusable for me right now.

Offline bgraham34

• Backer
« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2014, 10:11:13 pm »
I am also having issues with my IOS Devices. I have to reboot my router every hour or so.

Offline burnz

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2014, 03:40:49 pm »
i tested almost every setting for the wifi.. but on my macbook every download fails if i use my a+
please fix it soon

Offline memoryleak

• Backer
« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2014, 12:40:20 am »
So it has been more than a month, and as this (wifi connectivity) is a core function of the router, I am wondering what kind of priority is Securifi putting on resolving this issue? I understand that fixes for barely alpha products require time, but as you have elected to release an alpha product and use a crowd sourced method for reporting issues and beta testing, it seems in all fairness, you could communicate more effectively what is being done to remedy the problems. For instance, an organized list of priority issues that are being worked on and the estimated time table for their resolution. Rather than sending out ridiculous  surveys asking users for blue sky ideas for new features, a little better schedule and triage on current issues and more proactive communication about what is happening, is owed to this community that has in part funded your development.

Offline ilkelma

« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2014, 10:22:45 am »
I am having the same problems and its making the almond+ totally unusable for my wife. She cannot keep a constant connection at all and it is very frustrating. Is there any update on this important issue? Like others have said plenty of other routers work just fine with iOS devices. I'm going to have to switch it to a repeater from my old worse router at this point since I can't use the almond+ effectively. I backed this product primarily for it being a router and it's not even good at that at this point which is extremely frustrating  >:(

One troubleshooting note that I'm curious about: Has anyone else having this issue also switched their DHCP range to 192.168.1.0/24 ?

LGNilsson

« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2014, 12:09:05 pm »
It's coming in the next firmware, as I've mentioned elsewhere, it's taking us some time to do this as we're upgrading the Wi-Fi drivers and we need to make sure there are no other issues. We hope to have a beta version in a couple of weeks.

Offline reedog117

• Backer
« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2014, 01:27:20 pm »
So it has been more than a month, and as this (wifi connectivity) is a core function of the router, I am wondering what kind of priority is Securifi putting on resolving this issue? I understand that fixes for barely alpha products require time, but as you have elected to release an alpha product and use a crowd sourced method for reporting issues and beta testing, it seems in all fairness, you could communicate more effectively what is being done to remedy the problems. For instance, an organized list of priority issues that are being worked on and the estimated time table for their resolution. Rather than sending out ridiculous  surveys asking users for blue sky ideas for new features, a little better schedule and triage on current issues and more proactive communication about what is happening, is owed to this community that has in part funded your development.

Agreed -- are you guys using something like Jira or some other ticketing system internally to track bugs, and do you think this would be beneficial for backers to have access to to report new issues and track issue remediation status?

LGNilsson

« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2014, 01:33:11 pm »
Yes, we're using Jira as it happens.
We track the issues, no need to worry, there aren't that many issues.

The problem in this case is as I've posted multiple times in several different threads, it's a major changer and it's taking time as changing drivers isn't trivial, especially as there's a fair bit of customization that has gone into the Almond+.

We're not neglecting you guys, we're working full steam ahead and we've had to put other things on hold to try and get this done as quickly as we can. Please remember that we're a small company with only about 20 people in the software team and not all of them are able to work on things like Wi-Fi drivers.

Offline tmarks

• Backer
« Reply #24 on: October 21, 2014, 03:46:00 pm »
Hey guys, just a reminder that I have a fancy white paperweight in my house that still won't hold a connection to my iOS devices! Would be great if you could turn it into a functional router one of these days!

LGNilsson

« Reply #25 on: October 21, 2014, 10:28:07 pm »
We're working on it and we'll be posting an update as soon as the new firmware is available. We're doing a limited beta test right now to make sure everything is working as it should.

Page created in 0.059 seconds with 17 queries.

bottleneck