Choose style:

Author Topic: Removed Aeon Smart Switch, how to get it back?  (Read 11078 times)

Offline damien

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Removed Aeon Smart Switch, how to get it back?
« on: June 10, 2015, 12:03:02 am »
I have a Aeon Labs Smart Energy Switch and successfully added to a Almond+. I wanted to move it to my other almond, but in my late night daze I removed it from the first Almond via Remove All Sensors and now the switch is in limbo.

The Aeon unit doesn't have a reset button on it, so I am assuming it still thinks it is connected to the first Almond, but that Almond is not showing any sensors.

Is there a way to get it back on the first Almond so I can perform the correct removal process? Like add it back into the config files on the Almond as the UI as no option.

Or is there a secret removal process on the Aeon unit that I cannot seem to find on the net?

Thanks in advance.

Offline Ohiomedic

• Backer
Re: Removed Aeon Smart Switch, how to get it back?
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2015, 07:27:59 am »
I don't know if this will work, but thought I heard it mentioned somewhere couldn't hurt to try though.

Even though it's not connected to the Almond put the Almond in remove mode and press the join/remove button on the device. If it works you should get a message about an unknown sensor has been removed.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2015, 07:30:12 am by Ohiomedic »

Offline damien

• Backer
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2015, 07:30:45 am »
I have seen that mentioned elsewhere here as well. The problem with this Aeon device is there is only one button, and once paired that button is now controlling On/Off and dimmer. I have tried holding it for 30 sec, holding it down and powering it up. Argh at least have a reset button hidden somewhere.

Thanks for the reply anyway. :)

Offline sTaney

• Beta Testers
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2015, 10:29:51 am »
I have seen that mentioned elsewhere here as well. The problem with this Aeon device is there is only one button, and once paired that button is now controlling On/Off and dimmer. I have tried holding it for 30 sec, holding it down and powering it up. Argh at least have a reset button hidden somewhere.

Thanks for the reply anyway.

Put the Almond into remove mode.
Then tripple click the only button you have on your Aeon Switch. This should remove it from the Almond.

Offline damien

• Backer
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2015, 07:35:11 pm »
Put the Almond into remove mode.
Then tripple click the only button you have on your Aeon Switch. This should remove it from the Almond.

Thanks sTaney. This worked. It seems to be particular in the timing of the presses. Not too fast. I would say about half a second on then off.

SOLVED!

Offline sTaney

• Beta Testers
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2015, 06:03:55 am »
 :D You're welcome!

Page created in 0.053 seconds with 18 queries.

bottleneck