bottleneck
Choose style:

Author Topic: VLAN tagging  (Read 39724 times)

Offline tacain

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: VLAN tagging
« Reply #60 on: December 10, 2015, 10:23:21 am »
Pretty bad.  VLAN tagging is not anything esoteric.  It is a basic networking capability.  If the hardware cannot support it properly, Securifi should either replace our hardware or provide a full refund.  This is now just a bad joke.

Offline ShinDestinyZero

• Backer
« Reply #61 on: December 14, 2015, 11:57:14 pm »
@ ShinDestinyZero,

We tried our best to implement the full 802.1q VLAN support, unfortunately, because of our hardware limitation, we were not able to isolate the ports based on VLAN ID. However, if your ISP needs tagged traffic from your Almond+, we can do it and got the firmware ready which is still in experimental steage. HA stuff doesn't work with it yet, if any one is interested to test it, then please do send an email to ashok.kumar@securifi.com.
I see. Well, HA is a bonus for me since I have zero sensors in the house. The most important thing is this router is able to replace my current one. I can help to test but it's gonna take me a while to setup since I forgot most of the things about it already. I'll send you an email shortly.

Offline Oletros

« Reply #62 on: December 18, 2015, 10:22:07 am »
@ ShinDestinyZero,

We tried our best to implement the full 802.1q VLAN support, unfortunately, because of our hardware limitation, we were not able to isolate the ports based on VLAN ID. However, if your ISP needs tagged traffic from your Almond+, we can do it and got the firmware ready which is still in experimental steage. HA stuff doesn't work with it yet, if any one is interested to test it, then please do send an email to ashok.kumar@securifi.com.

I bought an Almond+ because you explicitly said that VLAN tagging would be supported the day it was delivered. Thanks for making me wastying a lot of money because you promised something you didn't knew it could be possible.

What a waste of money and time that this router has been

Offline Etherknight

• Backer
« Reply #63 on: December 26, 2015, 09:40:07 pm »
I'm interested in giving it a try, I don't have any HA installed yet and VLAN is a priority for me. I'm guessing it is not included in R83.
I'll mail you.

Offline Oletros

« Reply #64 on: May 12, 2016, 11:01:27 am »
Well, with the today email I have received it seems that VLAN will never be implemented, so it makes useless to replace my actual router.

And then they say "We’ve always made customer service a top priority."

Yes, sure, you have played with use promising it

Offline Ashok

• Securifi Staff
« Reply #65 on: May 12, 2016, 11:55:34 am »
@ Oletros,

Well, with the today email I have received it seems that VLAN will never be implemented, so it makes useless to replace my actual router.

And then they say "We’ve always made customer service a top priority."

Yes, sure, you have played with use promising it

I am sorry, but we did try our best to add the support for VLAN, however, our chipset vendor could not assist us on this.

Offline Oletros

« Reply #66 on: May 12, 2016, 12:36:55 pm »
No, you didn't do your best. You explicitly promised for years that it would be developed.

If I spent more than 150 euro in this thing is because Securifi promised us that. Finnaly I had to buy an Asus router that did the job, your "marvelous" router was just a waste of time and money because they didn't the job you promised

Don't tell us that your priority is the customer, you has been playing with us form more than three years.  And don't blame the chipset maker. The ones promising were you, not them

Offline d.kiran

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #67 on: May 12, 2016, 01:17:50 pm »
@Oletros - I  understand your frustration. I am a backer too.

I think there are a lot of features that were promised to them by the Chipset vendor who got acquired and stopped supporting the chipset. In these cases Securifi has very little option. We are still on a pretty old version of OpenWRT again due to that.

I think there are plenty of things Securifi has done wrong, but this one at least, it was out of Securifi's control.

Offline razzfazz

• Chestnut
« Reply #68 on: May 17, 2016, 02:54:01 am »
I think there are plenty of things Securifi has done wrong, but this one at least, it was out of Securifi's control.

One could argue that the decision to tie themselves so completely to a fairly niche chipset that's supported by a single, fairly small vendor (and in particular not supported by upstream OpenWRT at all) was very much in their control (and in retrospect obviously a really bad idea).

Offline d.kiran

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #69 on: May 17, 2016, 10:54:16 am »
and in retrospect obviously a really bad idea

I agree. Hindsight really is 20/20

Offline Rrnworks

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #70 on: November 22, 2016, 02:01:29 am »
What is the excuse for no vlan tag support then for the almond 3?  New chipset but nothing else new...

Offline spooky123

• Backer
« Reply #71 on: November 26, 2016, 08:44:23 am »
What is the excuse for no vlan tag support then for the almond 3?  New chipset but nothing else new...

Where did you find the information on the chipset in the Almond 3 ? What chipset is it?

Page created in 0.063 seconds with 17 queries.

bottleneck