bottleneck
Choose style:

Author Topic: VLAN tagging  (Read 39716 times)

Offline skchua

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: VLAN tagging
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2014, 09:22:40 am »
My ISP needs VLAN tagging to be supported by router too. Hope this gets supported with the next firmware upgrade.

Offline Ashok

• Securifi Staff
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2014, 11:33:53 am »
Hi Skchua,

I am afraid to tell you that the upcoming firmware wouldn't support VLAN tagging yet, however, our concerned team is aware and they are working on it and it may take time to implement it with our future firmware.

Thanks,
Ashok Kumar,
Securifi Technical Support

Offline daniel.teran

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2014, 06:45:03 am »
One more who needs VLAN tagging !!!

>:(

Offline BenAlexander

• Backer
Missing Features
« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2014, 06:51:00 am »
I've received my Almond+ and it looks fantastic... At this stage, I can only comment on the looks, as I can't actually use it :(

In the original kickstarter, it mentioned that VLANs were supported. Having received it and updated the firmware, this doesn't appear to be true.
I understand things changed between then and now, it is a very different product to what was originally offered (and I thank you for the hardware upgrades), I just wanted to know when VLANs will be supported. Hopefully it is on the roadmap, but if it isn't, could you let everybody know.

Hopefully you guys can fix this in the short term, and whilst you are looking at it, perhaps you could also consider enabling jumbo frames?

... What about everybody else. Are there any other basic switching or routing features that you are missing from the Almond+ ?

LGNilsson

« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2014, 07:41:28 am »
Topics merged.

Offline BenAlexander

• Backer
« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2014, 07:51:43 am »
Happy with the merge, but any chance of an update?
I love the idea of the Almond+ but if it won't support VLANs for a while, I'll need to give it away and buy another device I can use.

Cheers

LGNilsson

« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2014, 07:54:46 am »
Well, these things takes time to implement, but we're aware that it's a feature that's needed for many and it's something we'll be adding, but it's not going to be in the next firmware.

Offline m_g_s_g

« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2014, 08:18:00 am »
Any news about that issue? Many FTTH offerings seem to use VLAN tagging...

According to this thread http://forum.securifi.com/index.php/topic,1106.0.html, it seems that CB got additional openwrt packages to compile and run, but they don't work anymore for firmware 066... I'm using another router with openwrt right now with lan tagging working (eth0.6). Being able to compile and run swconfig by ourselves would be another possible solution...

Regards.
EDIT: Did somebody try swconfig from the unofficial repo? : http://repo.ansible.org/r1/g2/Packages/
« Last Edit: October 16, 2014, 02:04:17 pm by m_g_s_g »

LGNilsson

« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2014, 03:02:43 am »
We're looking into how to do this, but I don't have an ETA.
What wasn't clear to us for one was that this is required not only to get a service, but also for things like VoIP and IP TV services to work.

Offline m_g_s_g

« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2014, 06:25:06 pm »
Good to know that you are looking into it. At least in my case, for now I don't care if I don't have VoIP or TV, but PPoE Internet access is another story...

LGNilsson

« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2014, 09:08:43 pm »
You have FTTH and have to use PPPoE? Now I'm seriously confused... Who's your service provider?

Offline frostmeta

• Backer
« Reply #26 on: October 23, 2014, 10:34:13 pm »
You have FTTH and have to use PPPoE? Now I'm seriously confused... Who's your service provider?

I'm in the same boat as he is and I also require PPPoE to connect. This is the specific guide I would be using in regards to my ISP to setup the router http://ngpixel.com/2014/07/19/how-to-bypass-bell-fibe-hub-and-use-your-own-router/. My isp is Bell in Ontario, Canada.

I can connect with PPPoE without VLAN tagging but then I get maybe 10% of my full connection speed.

LGNilsson

« Reply #27 on: October 23, 2014, 11:32:31 pm »
That's really odd to require PPPoE over FTTH, it seems very backwards and overly complicated, but whatever floats their boat.

We've confirmed that it's doable, now we just need to find out exactly how. We're waiting on a response from Cortina with regards to the exact details, but even once we've gotten that, it's going to take us some time to implement it.

Offline m_g_s_g

« Reply #28 on: October 26, 2014, 06:08:01 pm »
My ISP is Movistar (Telefonica) in Spain...

Offline divpower

• Backer
« Reply #29 on: October 27, 2014, 03:58:06 am »
Same here  ;D

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 17 queries.

bottleneck