bottleneck
Choose style:

Author Topic: Cannot find Sonos  (Read 7025 times)

Offline activ

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Cannot find Sonos
« on: August 23, 2014, 03:36:55 am »
Hi everyone,

I just got my almond yesterday and am slowly connecting all my devices to it. I have now come to the point where my tablets are connected to new wifi netwerk, but now they cannot find my Sonos anymore.
The Sonos is connected directly to my dsl modem/router and the tablets are connected via wifi to the Almond+ which is connected by cable to the dsl modem/router.
My ideal situation to end up with is having everything connected to the Almond and using the dsl modem/router as just a modem, so I do not want to put the Almond in AP mode (which may or may not fix the issue, have not tried).

Anyone got a clue why the Sonos cannot be found? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
activ

LGNilsson

Re: Cannot find Sonos
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2014, 03:42:32 am »
Silly question, does it work when the Sonos is connected to the Almond+?

Offline activ

• Backer
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2014, 04:34:20 am »
Just tested and yes, then it works.
Also found out that changing to another IP range will break so much that I am reconsidering the switch to the Almond, AP mode might be what I have to settle for (or spend an entire day reconfiguring connections between stuff).

LGNilsson

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2014, 05:33:13 am »
We're trying to figure out the source of that problem, but it's very strange that it happens as the Almond+ used to be on 192.168.x.x back in the beta/dev days and I can run fine on both IP ranges on mine at home. That said, we have a few people that are experiencing this problem and we'll get it fixed.

Offline activ

• Backer
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2014, 06:51:31 am »
Just reread my post and I now realise I was unclear, the IP range thing is not Almond related (at least for me). My devices getting a different IP address is the problem, maybe I'll change the IP adres of my modem/router and then change the Almond to the IP range I use now to prevent having to reconfigure all the inter device connectivity that's going on.

LGNilsson

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2014, 06:57:13 am »
What you can do in the Almond+ is this - http://wiki.securifi.com/index.php?title=Static_IP_address_lease_-_Almond%2B_2014
That should potentially solve your problem.

Offline activ

• Backer
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2014, 10:41:52 am »
Thanks, I fixed it now by swapping things around a bit. I changed the modem/router to another IP range and the Almond to the range my Router used to have so all devices could keep their old IP address and stay connected.
That seems to have done the trick so far.

Offline mr23

• Backer
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2014, 12:21:14 pm »
What you can do in the Almond+ is this - http://wiki.securifi.com/index.php?title=Static_IP_address_lease_-_Almond%2B_2014
That should potentially solve your problem.

You can do the same static lease by clicking on the Network 'block' on the main almond+ interface shown in the 2nd image on the linked page. Static leases are the 3rd block down on the network page, at least in R65. Worked for me anyway.

Offline activ

• Backer
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2014, 02:07:40 am »
It's all looking good now, the next challenge is ipv6, but I'll start a new topic about that.

Page created in 0.077 seconds with 17 queries.

bottleneck