Choose style:

Author Topic: Water sensor pairing failure  (Read 4941 times)

Offline zmocar

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Water sensor pairing failure
« on: August 23, 2014, 09:30:45 pm »
I have 1 (a water sensor) of 5 sensors that reported "pairing failure" when first trying to pair.  If I try to re-pair the sensor I get nothing on the A+, just waiting for a pairing signal.  I have tried to un-pair or leave the sensor and also get nothing.  I have a motion detector, open/closed sensor, switched plug sensor and two additional water sensors that have paired on the first try.  I read in another post that A+ retains the sensor information even after a hard reset.  Has anyone had this problem and any solutions?  Thanks, everything else on the A+ is perfect so far!

LGNilsson

Re: Water sensor pairing failure
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2014, 10:35:19 pm »
Did you resets the flood sensor by pressing and holding the button for 10 seconds before trying to add it again?

Offline zmocar

• Backer
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2014, 11:51:03 pm »
Yes I tried to reset it a few times with no result.  If I press the button now it goes to flashing green even if I hold it for ten seconds or half a second, it just keeps flashing green for three minutes.

LGNilsson

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2014, 03:24:43 am »
The flashing green part means that it's trying to connect to something, so you should be able to add it now.
If that doesn't work, do you have anything USB 3.0 plugged in? As some USB 3.0 cables can cause interference with the 2.4GHz band.
We've done our best to try to limit the interference, but we found that certain cables still causes problems.
That said, considering the other sensors worked fine, there might be something wrong, just want to double check everything before we'd arrange for a replacement.

Offline zmocar

• Backer
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2014, 12:41:56 pm »
No USB 3.0 around, I did read about that interference too here in the forums.  The only difference I had from the other two water sensors was that the A+ flashed a message of failure to pair in a red box on the screen.  The message was gone before I could see if there was any other information it was giving me as to why.   I also read somewhere that the A+ kept all the sensor pairing information and thought it might not let me back in with that sensor because of the first failure.

LGNilsson

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2014, 10:09:00 am »
That shouldn't happen if the association failed.
Can you send a log under Help, Send logs and put a small description of your problem in the text box and I'll get the software team to look into what's gone wrong.

Offline zmocar

• Backer
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2014, 11:55:20 am »
Any news from the software team about the pairing problem?  Log & description was sent August 26.  Just checking back for any progress.

LGNilsson

« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2014, 03:49:51 am »
Apologies for the late reply.

Is this one of the flood sensors we offered via Kickstarter?
I kind of forgot to ask and if so, did you follow these instructions? - http://wiki.securifi.com/index.php?title=How_to_associate_Securifi_ZigBee_sensors_-_Almond%2B_2014
We haven't had any other reports of issues with these.
If it doesn't work at first, try pressing the reset/pairing button for 10 seconds and it should reset and the LED should flash green, then it should be possible to add it again.

If it's not one of our flood sensors, can you please let me know which model it is?

Offline zmocar

• Backer
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2014, 04:25:56 pm »
Thanks Lars -
It is one of the Kickstarter flood sensors.  I purchased 3 and only the one has had the problem.  I did the reset/pairing a few times with no results.
Can I exchange the sensor?
Thanks.

LGNilsson

« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2014, 09:50:48 pm »
So once you've reset the sensor, does the LED flash green once? I really don't think there's anything wrong with the sensor, it's just a bit fiddly to reset. Press and hold the button for 10 seconds, the LED should flash green once, then when you press the button again for less than a second, it should start to flash green repeatedly and join the Almond+ once you add the sensor in the LCD UI.

Offline zmocar

• Backer
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2014, 06:20:01 pm »
Thanks !  Got it working, you are right the sensor was a bit "fiddly" to reset.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2014, 06:33:20 pm by zmocar »

Page created in 0.063 seconds with 20 queries.