bottleneck
Choose style:

Author Topic: Almond+ and Danfoss ULX (ComLynx Protocol RS485)  (Read 9459 times)

Offline prignony

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Almond+ and Danfoss ULX (ComLynx Protocol RS485)
« on: September 16, 2013, 04:33:21 pm »
Hello,

As of my other post, I'm a backer on the Almond+ and I've a Danfoss Ulx solar controller, it use its comlynx protocol over RS485 (http://www.danfoss.com/NR/rdonlyres/18FA1022-2FF1-484A-8460-B6A51BE202BF/0/ComLynx_User_Guide_16_20120817_A7.pdf). I've see some RS485 to zwave adaptator and I'd like to know if the almond+ would be suitable to recover data from the solar controller?

Regards,
Prignony

LGNilsson

Re: Almond+ and Danfoss ULX (ComLynx Protocol RS485)
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2013, 10:56:01 pm »
Wow, now that's a question and a half.

Technically you should be able to interface your solar controller with the Almond+ using a suitable Z-Wave or ZigBee adapter, there are quite a few different companies selling those kind of products, for example this one might do the trick http://www.nhr.com.tw/product-1.asp?id=647&AA=425
You'd have to contact the manufacturer to double check though.

What's tough to answer is how the Almond+ would interface with the solar controller. As we've mentioned, the Almond+ will ship with OpenWRT as standard, so if you're happy to tinker with OpenWRT, there should be a way of integrating the two, but it's not something that will be officially supported by Securifi.

Offline prignony

• Backer
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2013, 12:19:50 pm »
Thanks a lot for this link, I'll try to add support for that after the 433mhz stuff, this add-on will not be usefull for a lot of peoples but it is a nice challenge :)
On OpenWRT, I'll probably add some kind of json return to be parsed by another web site, or dirrectly on the screen of the almond+ .

Will it be possible to output stuff to the screen of the almond? Do you already have some kind of dev documentation for the almond?

LGNilsson

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2013, 03:27:55 am »
We'll be providing more details on that closer to launch. Our developer level backers on Kickstarters are getting access to an SDK, but I think we're going to provide some other tools too, but I'm not entirely sure as of when they'll be available.

LGNilsson

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2013, 11:58:49 pm »
Not sure, but this might be an option as well http://dx.com/p/drf2619a-rs485-to-zigbee-wireless-module-black-162213

Offline prignony

• Backer
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2013, 07:11:25 am »
bunny I thought it would be an open source SDK :s I just brought the product, not the developer things. I don't plan on selling anything related to the Almond, just (if it is working) make some module available to people who want to do the same thing. Diy / hackaday style things.

Arg well I'll see what I can do with the openwrt firmware. Thanks for the link to the module it seems like it could do the trick :)

LGNilsson

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2013, 12:05:38 am »
As far as the dev kit goes, initially it'll only be for developers, but I think longer term, we'll most likely offer it to anyone. Do keep in mind that it's based on C++ so it won't be for everyone.
That said, you shouldn't need that to add support for custom sensors, but if it's something very complex like in this case, then it's really hard to say how easy it'll be to support it.

Offline prignony

• Backer
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2013, 06:24:48 pm »
C++ yes definitively not for everybody, I talked C++ a long time ago I'm more on java atm but arduino is like C so I might be able to make a proof of concept. My issue will most likely be with realtime programming and cycle count.
It is only my opinion but if the SDK is available to everybody, if it attract "hackers" and if you got the hackaday effect (like thousand of connection the day of the article) you might just sell much more than what you expect. Well I hope it for you I'll be happy with mine anyway :)

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 16 queries.