bottleneck
Choose style:

Author Topic: The right wat to set up ipv6  (Read 3941 times)

Offline activ

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
The right wat to set up ipv6
« on: August 24, 2014, 02:12:32 am »
Hi everyone,

My internet provider (xs4all) provides ipv6 connectivity, and I'd like to configure that on the Almond. The problem is I have no clue how.
What I want to do is have ipv6 connectivity (meaning I can natively visit ipv6 only websites etc.) but no incomming ipv6 traffic so the firewall needs to be enabled I expect.
Should I wait for another firmware release that brings more of ipv6 to the gui or is there a manual or something to get me there?

Thanks,
activ

Offline activ

• Backer
Re: The right wat to set up ipv6
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2014, 03:36:39 am »
I actually decided to go ahead and delve into this myself. So far I have managed to have the Almond get a DHCP lease from the modem and have have working IPv6 on the almond. The IP range is then propagated to the clients, but for some reason they get the wrong gateway (some FE80 adres that is also on the Almond for some reason).

Anyone got a clue why I also have an FE80 adres on the Almond?

Offline sorphin

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2014, 03:57:34 am »
I actually decided to go ahead and delve into this myself. So far I have managed to have the Almond get a DHCP lease from the modem and have have working IPv6 on the almond. The IP range is then propagated to the clients, but for some reason they get the wrong gateway (some FE80 adres that is also on the Almond for some reason).

Anyone got a clue why I also have an FE80 adres on the Almond?

"In the Internet Protocol Version 6 (IPv6), the address block fe80::/10 has been reserved for link-local unicast addressing.[3] The actual link local addresses are assigned with the prefix fe80::/64.[7][note 2] They may be assigned by automatic (stateless) or stateful (e.g. manual) mechanisms."

Offline activ

• Backer
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2014, 03:11:57 am »
Managed to get things working on the Almond, now I need to figure out how to get things done on the lan side. So far this is confusing the bleep out of me.

Page created in 0.059 seconds with 17 queries.