Choose style:

Author Topic: Feature Request to Rotate Screen 180 (upside down)  (Read 4685 times)

Offline dup

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Feature Request to Rotate Screen 180 (upside down)
« on: August 09, 2014, 01:12:59 pm »
The way I am going to need to mount the Almond+ in my network cabinet, I will need to have it with the ports facing up. Is there a chance an option is coming to flip the screen upside down so I can see it correctly once I mount it?

Offline Tiger Woods

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Feature Request to Rotate Screen 180 (upside down)
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2014, 03:39:00 pm »
I think someone else on the form requested the ability to rotate the screen from portrait to landscape, and per the answer given it would be bad as the heat pipe is designed for the unit to be facing up.

Edit: See here -> http://forum.securifi.com/index.php/topic,986.msg2343.html#msg2343
« Last Edit: August 09, 2014, 03:40:35 pm by Tiger Woods »

Offline dup

• Backer
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2014, 05:07:04 pm »
Interesting. I could understand Portrait being complicated and I'm not asking for that at all. Just the same UI as it is with the screen flipped. I understand their concerns about cooling. Actually it would be better for the place I have it installed if it exhausted out the bottom - (again flipped). But if their concern is that the heat pipe doesnt perform well upside down, then I guess this is a non-starter.

Offline gergles

• Backer
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2014, 01:16:19 pm »
I'd also like to do this primarily because my unit is sitting on a desk (not using the stand) and it makes more sense to have the cables coming out of the 'back' than out of the front - but then the screen is upside down.

LGNilsson

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2014, 01:14:18 am »
Ok, so it seems like flipping it this way around will actually work just fine (yes, we tested it) and I'll see if the software team can enable an option to flip the UI 180 degrees.

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 21 queries.

bottleneck