Choose style:

Author Topic: Looking for help with DDNS (dnsomatic)  (Read 4664 times)

Offline tastewar1

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Looking for help with DDNS (dnsomatic)
« on: August 24, 2014, 07:59:44 pm »
I've seen in another topic that people are using the DDNS functionality, but it seems as though many services can't be (properly?) configured through the Web UI (the OpenWRT settings pages), or at least that's how I'm reading it. I tried a number of things, with no success, so I used the [X Reset] button on that page, and now no matter how many times I reboot or try using the Add button, with or without the Save button afterwards, I never get an input section back on that page!

What to do?

Offline Square Cherry

• Backer
Re: Looking for help with DDNS (dnsomatic)
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2014, 04:12:53 am »
Hi!

I got DNS-O-Matic to work using The19th's solution:

I was able to get DNS-o-Matic to work, and it was pretty self explanatory. Using their API page, I just added the following line to /usr/lib/ddns/services

Code: [Select]
"DNS-O-Matic" "http://[USERNAME]:[PASSWORD]@updates.dnsomatic.com/nic/update?myip=[IP]&wildcard=NOCHG&mx=NOCHG&backmx=NOCHG"

This is also necessary, at least for R065:

Updating the address has been working flawlessly after getting rid of the @ entry in the /usr/lib/ddns/url_escape.sed file.

I made the changes using vi over SSH, entered my DNS-O-Matic credentials on the OpenWRT DDNS page, and then rebooted the router. Now it works!
« Last Edit: August 25, 2014, 04:17:34 am by Square Cherry »
Andrew

Offline The19th

• Backer
Re: Looking for help with DDNS (dnsomatic)
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2014, 11:10:55 pm »
In OpenWRT, you can only click the green "Add" button after you type in a new name of the service.

Essentially, type something in the box to the left of the "Add" button – do not leave it blank.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2014, 11:12:26 pm by The19th »

Page created in 0.056 seconds with 25 queries.