bottleneck
Choose style:

Author Topic: Danfoss Living Connect  (Read 26267 times)

LGNilsson

Re: Danfoss Living Connect
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2014, 10:24:46 am »
It'll be in the next firmware release as far as I've been told.

Offline burnz

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2014, 09:47:39 am »
is there a roadmap for the new firmware?

LGNilsson

« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2014, 11:07:04 pm »
No, but I expect it to be released this month.
We're implementing a lot of fixes and new features in the next release, so it's been taking a while to get it done.
Initially I guess the Danfoss thermostats will only work in the LCD UI, until we catch up and add customs UI's in all of the other interfaces.
As these thermostats are a bit different from US style HVAC systems, we're doing a simplified UI since you're technically only setting a target temperature, you don't have heating and cooling and as such it's not as simple as just adding support for these devices, as they need a new UI.
The good news is that most, if not all types Z-Wave "SetPointThermostats" will work, not just the Danfoss ones, once we release this firmware update.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2014, 11:31:34 pm by Lars »

Offline Reini

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2014, 09:53:42 am »
hey,
i`ve got 3 brand new danfoss setpoint thermostat 014G0002 with software version 4.02. I thought, with the new firmware update R069 this Sensor would be compatible with the almond+.
Almond recognizes the thermostats. On the LCD UI- connected sensors they are all visible, but if I'm going to change the setpoint temperature of one sensor I get only an error at the input field (0.00 °#ER) and the battery status appears as low.
Has anybody got the same problems? are there some possible solutions to get these sensors running?

Reinhard

LGNilsson

« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2014, 10:11:21 am »
Those are the old ones that there's apparently some problems with. The nice thing is that they don't tell you what you end up buying in most cases. Please contact Danfoss to have them replace them with version 1.00/014G0003.
We have other people using them and they're working fine.

Offline Electron

• Backer
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2014, 03:30:12 am »
Hi,
i got a new danfoss thermostat 014G0013 with software version 1.01 and it does not work properly with the almond+ :-(
The almond+ is running with the R069 firmware.

Web-UI: thermostat is not supported
LCD-UI: recognizes the thermostat, but i can not set the temperature; it does not save the value

LGNilsson

« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2014, 04:13:13 am »
Hmm, that's surprising. It seems to be a different software version though, so I dunno what Danfoss has changed.
Can you go to Help, Send Logs and send us a log explaining that this is a Danfoss Living connect with a new firmware?
No guarantees though.
This is the kind of thing that we have no control over though.

Offline Electron

• Backer
« Reply #22 on: December 16, 2014, 09:47:29 am »
i sent the logs and a short info... i hope, that it will help to support the new version...
by the way, the danfoss was bought in germany.

LGNilsson

« Reply #23 on: December 16, 2014, 10:32:44 am »
If that doesn't help, we'll try to get hold of one of the "new" ones. The best thing is, we can't even upgrade ourselves to that firmware...

Offline casey

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2015, 12:21:13 pm »
See this http://cz.spotrebitel.danfoss.com/PCMPDF/Danfoss%20Link_living_software-versions_VFIDC502.pdf
Page 4, the last table.

Living Connect - sw version 2.06 - Z-wave protocol - Yes
Living Connect - sw versions 3.02, 3.04, 4.02 - Z-wave protocol - No (it's my version :( )
Living Connect Z - sw versions 2.50, 2.51, 1.00, 1.01 - Z-wave protocol - Yes

Offline Electron

• Backer
« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2015, 11:45:51 am »
Hi Lars,
do you got a new one? Any News?
Thanks!

LGNilsson

« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2015, 12:14:32 am »
It won't be until after MWC, but the problem is, if we order something online, it's not as if we'll know what version we get.
I'm really not sure how to solve this issue, especially if they're going to continue to release incremental updates and continue with their messy and unclear versioning.

Offline psixilambda

• Backer
« Reply #27 on: February 08, 2015, 07:15:48 am »
Hi everybody,

I've installed a Danfoss Living Connect Z (marketed on Amazon as LC13) SW1.01. (details below)

I can confirm it associates fine with the Almond+, I can control temperature on thermostat and on the Almond+ GUI. And changes are send to thermostat or Almond+ respectively where they show up. What does not work is the WebUI or the Almond App where it shows up as unsupported.

Lars can you confirm that the SW1.00 is working in WebUI and the Almond App? As this is necessary for the Rules to work (or set up). If it does would you lease explain how the WebUI and Almond App determine if a device is supported. Reason being the basic command set of SW1.00 and SW1.01 have not changed so there is no reason it should show up a unsupported

Are you able to set wake up interval (Command_Class_Wake_Up)? To save battery life? The default is 300 seconds which wastes a lot of battery on the thermostat.

Thanks Alex

More specifically the zwcfg_home.xml
Product Type: 0005 ID:0004

Library version: 6
Protocol version 3.67
Application version: 1.01

LGNilsson

« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2015, 02:29:28 am »
I'm checking, I think with the new firmware and new apps, all of this should work a bit better, but as I don't have a sample with me, I don't know.

Offline psixilambda

• Backer
« Reply #29 on: April 08, 2015, 08:58:05 am »
Lars, any new on the Danfoss LC 13?

In the latest builds R72 it shows as unsupported on the Web UI.

So far in Germany the LC13 has been the most readily available Z-Wave thermostat. With the launch of the Devolo Smart Home line (http://www.devolo.com/microsites/homecontrol/produkte.php#heizkoerperthermostat) I believe they will be surpassed. But the Thermostat by Devolo is a rebranded Version of exactly the LC13.

Whats your take on this market? As I've written before it registers and the local UI on the Router (direct LCD) work. However without proper implementation in WebUI, Rules and some basic configuration (foremost Wake up interval) its basically just a dumb thermostat and the Almond+ a router with a limited use Z-Wave interface (at least for people invested in Danfoss / Devolo)

Thanks
Alex
--
Edit:
Please modify the List of compatible sensors to reflect that the most current software version of the LC 13 (1.01) is not supported. Currently it shows as supported and tested by Securify which I believe is only true for the SW 1.00
« Last Edit: April 08, 2015, 09:01:27 am by psixilambda »

Page created in 0.056 seconds with 21 queries.

bottleneck