Choose style:

Author Topic: Envisalink Internet Alert Module supported??  (Read 6991 times)

Offline dbuttke

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Envisalink Internet Alert Module supported??
« on: October 06, 2013, 01:38:01 pm »
http://www.homesecuritystore.com/p-2164-evl-3-envisalink-internet-alert-module-for-dsc-honeywell-security.aspx?gclid=CPT9sI7fgroCFWNgMgodbw4AUg

Wondering if this is something that will be eventually supported.  I would like to use the alarm systems sensors as inputs for executing scenes.
Like door is opened, turn on light.  Motion detected, turn on light.  Nothing detected turn off light...and so on and so on.

LGNilsson

Re: Envisalink Internet Alert Module supported??
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2013, 10:00:06 pm »
It's not something we'd support out of the box, that's for sure. However, it should be possible to integrate some kind of support via OpenWRT. You might want to ask around the OpenWRT forums about this though, as they'd be able to give you a better idea of what's possible.

Offline Pestus

• Chestnut
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2014, 11:32:20 am »
I've posted the API for the Envisalink here;
http://forum.securifi.com/index.php/topic,177.15.html

This would be a dead simple means of integrating two of the most popular alarm systems in North America.  A driver to exploit this API would be simple indeed, and would open up more markets for your product!

Offline Neel737

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2015, 02:39:29 pm »
I've posted the API for the Envisalink here;
http://forum.securifi.com/index.php/topic,177.15.html

This would be a dead simple means of integrating two of the most popular alarm systems in North America.  A driver to exploit this API would be simple indeed, and would open up more markets for your product!

Indeed. We the backers have a special soft corner for the A+. If you conduct a survey among the NA customers/potential customers, I am sure that the majority has DSC or Honeywell/Ademco installed in their homes. All they need is a $70 to $90 EVL-3 (I got mine for $75 new from eBay) board for integration. Even without integration Eyezon service is superb. Maybe that Securifi can build a partnership with the Envisalink people - its a HUGE win-win situation for both the companies. And we the customers will be benefited the most.
Its really amazing to think that existing DSC/Honeywell sensors can be used to create rules/Scenes. IMHO its one of the juiciest low hanging fruit out there:-) 

Dear Lars, can you please let us know whether the alarm integration is in your FEATURE TO DO list? If not, could you please convey this message to the decision makers? I know you are our best advocate:-)

TIA.

LGNilsson

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2015, 10:34:25 pm »
As I've already mentioned, as of now, there are no plans for this.

Page created in 0.06 seconds with 17 queries.