bottleneck
Choose style:

Author Topic: Almond iOS app available on the App Store  (Read 11150 times)

LGNilsson

Almond iOS app available on the App Store
« on: August 28, 2014, 10:27:40 pm »
Much later than we'd hoped for, the Almond iOS app is now finally available.
Please be aware that as of right now, it's more basic than the Android app, but we'll be adding new features and update on a regular schedule to bring the two up to be on par.
You can find it here https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/almond-by-securifi/id908025757 or by searching for Almond by Securifi.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2014, 02:29:06 am by Lars »

Offline Blueiris8

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Almond iOS app available on the App Store
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2014, 09:29:47 am »
Do either of the apps have push notifications yet?

LGNilsson

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2014, 10:26:55 am »
Afraid not. I've been told the Android app should have it in a couple of weeks, but it'll be a bit longer for iOS since we got a bit of catching up to do.

Offline Zathras

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2014, 12:17:44 am »
I certainly hope that you include features of iOS 8 in there. Should allow for a lot more functionality. And while you're at it, smack your developers for getting so far ahead on Android.  :o

Just kidding. I know the Apple Store gauntlet can make getting updates out a bit slower than one would hope.

I finally had a chance to set up my Almond+ tonight after work. It was a breeze once I got into the swing of things. Everything worked perfectly from the beginning. It even had the latest update built right in. Cool beans! The biggest issue was setting up my TiVo Wireness N adapter. Since the Almond+ doesn't yet support WPS, I had to hook it to my old Mac Pro and log onto it, reset to factory settings and then it logged onto the 5Ghz network without any trouble at all.

It set up my first remote device, first time. And the iPhone app just made my life a lot easier!

All in all, I'm very happy I stuck in there and waited for my Almond Plus. Very nice little matching. I look forward to some updates. And with Apple revealing their HomeKit next week, I'll be quite interested to see their solution vs Almond's, with some hope that they might actually work together.

Offline jbell77

• Backer
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2014, 09:59:41 am »
Hey all,

Quick question.  I downloaded the app and quickly attempted to link with my Almond+.

It will then of course ask me for the code shown on my Almond screen.  I'm not getting the code displayed.

What am I doing wrong?  (admittedly I haven't looked into this more myself, but at work an figured I'd post and see).

Thanks!
J

Offline mparadis

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2014, 09:15:23 pm »
You must go to the second screen on the Almond+ LCD UI where there is an option to link the almond+. I forget the exact name of the widget.

Offline NeilH

• Backer
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2014, 07:41:33 am »
The app page says "Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.1 or later."

For various reasons, I'm still running IOS 6 - does that mean that I can't use the Almond iOS app?

LGNilsson

« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2014, 07:06:40 am »
Afraid so.

Offline popegope428

• Backer
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2014, 01:23:47 pm »
I have my router linked to be email address. However when I try to login, I keeps telling me that my password is incorrect. Within 1 to 3 login attempts, the app crashes. I cannot make it past the login screen even though I know that I am using the correct password. I am using IOS 8.0.2. I am able to login using the web interface. Anyone else having this issue? Any known solution?

LGNilsson

« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2014, 12:58:58 am »
We're working on a new version with support for iOS 8.0.x that should solve this issue.

LGNilsson

« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2014, 07:26:00 am »
Quick question, do you have any special characters in your password?

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 20 queries.

bottleneck