Choose style:

Author Topic: Enerwave ZW15RM Duplex Receptacle with Smart Meter  (Read 6552 times)

Offline Blueiris8

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Enerwave ZW15RM Duplex Receptacle with Smart Meter
« on: August 29, 2014, 06:51:01 pm »
EDIT: with R066, this sensor works as both a binary on/off and a powermeter out of the box.  Everything works great on the Almond+ UI; can control from the web UI (but the power meter # only updates on refresh) and doesn't seem to work in the IOS app (has circle with a line through it).

Enerwave ZW15RM In-Wall Smart Meter TR Duplex Receptacle (Z-Wave), associated fine and was automatically recognized as a binary on/off sensor.  Unfortunately, it does not capture the smart meter information.  Instructions say the smart meter only works with advanced controllers, which I assume the Almond+ is.

Knew is was a stretch to hope it would work completely with the Almond+ out of the box because it is a new type of sensor, but had to try.  Below is an image of the Advanced Controller instructions, any help getting this to work would be greatly appreciated because I would like to install several more.

Right now only TopGreener.com sells them over the phone in case anyone else is interested.

Sensor information can be found here:
http://www.enerwaveautomation.com/productshow.php?id=824
« Last Edit: September 22, 2014, 11:02:47 am by Blueiris8 »

LGNilsson

Re: Enerwave ZW15RM Duplex Receptacle with Smart Meter
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2014, 01:34:18 am »
We haven't added metering support for Z-Wave devices yet.
Once we've sorted out the locks properly, I'll get the team working on this.
I presume only one socket is switchable?

Offline Blueiris8

• Backer
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2014, 06:24:29 am »
Correct only one is switchable and metered.  I've never found one where both were switchable, but would be interested if you knew of one.   :D

LGNilsson

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2014, 05:45:46 am »
Afraid not, the reason I asked was because of the word duplex in the product name.

Offline Blueiris8

• Backer
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2014, 10:47:29 am »
UPDATE: R066 has enabled Smart Meter functionality for Z-Wave devices.   It seems to work overall, but I get inconsistent results from the different UIs.

Almond+ UI: Connects and I can switch on/off from here.  The Power Meter updates realtime.
Web UI: I can switch on/off from here.  The Power Meter only updates on page refresh.
IOS App: I can see the sensor and can edit its setting, but have no control (has a circle with a line through it), and there is no power reading.

Unfortunately, its still only available by calling Topgreener.com.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2014, 11:05:13 am by Blueiris8 »

LGNilsson

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2014, 05:26:53 am »
So this is how it works when we add a new feature/sensor.

First we add firmware level support, secondly LCD support, after that it'll go into the next update over the local web UI, cloud UI and mobile UI's.
The iOS app is behind in terms of feature support and as of right now, we're working on fixing some bugs with iOS 8, so that's taking priority.
As such, there's a gap between something getting initial support until it's supported in every UI.

Page created in 0.118 seconds with 21 queries.