Choose style:

Author Topic: GE Link LED light bulbs  (Read 44194 times)

Offline mparadis

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: GE Link LED light bulbs
« Reply #30 on: September 30, 2014, 07:49:04 pm »
I have had no issue with these reporting their status. I previously had them hooked up to the wink hub and while they were okay then they work much better with the Almond+ with no lose of connection. What was frustrating was getting them linked the first time. One of them took several attempts even after removing it first but since then they work great. I would try removing them a couple times and repairing them.

LGNilsson

« Reply #31 on: September 30, 2014, 10:35:21 pm »
I live in a small apartment, so they are both within 20 feet max.   The router is within a few inches of one of my computer monitors, could that be an issue?

e: I also have an appliance switch in the same room as the problem lamp and it doesn't have any issues.

Hmmm, strange. It might be a bulb issue, I couldn't really say, but if you have other things that are working fine, this is pretty much the only logical explanation.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2014, 10:46:46 pm by Lars »

Offline Kazy

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #32 on: September 30, 2014, 11:15:05 pm »
Well my other switches and bulbs stopped updating and responding too :( I wish there were better diagnostics for the Z-Wave/Zigbee stuff... I'll probably try removing all devices and re-adding them.

LGNilsson

« Reply #33 on: September 30, 2014, 11:21:12 pm »
Do you have a USB 3.0 device plugged in?
Some USB 3.0 devices are interfering with the ZigBee, but apart from that, I can't really think of anything.
Can you move your Almond+ to a different location?
The only reason ZigBee devices would stop responding would be from broad spectrum 2.4GHz interference.

Offline Kazy

• Backer
« Reply #34 on: October 02, 2014, 07:09:10 am »
No USB device plugged in anymore.

I do live in the city though, and there is a lot of WiFi saturation, would that cause interference?

LGNilsson

« Reply #35 on: October 02, 2014, 07:10:37 am »
No, not really.
I've been to both CES and MWC where there's an insane saturation of Wi-Fi networks and ZigBee was having some intermittent issues once in a while, but on a whole worked just fine, so that wouldn't be it in your case.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2014, 01:04:24 am by Lars »

Offline Kazy

• Backer
« Reply #36 on: October 02, 2014, 12:39:33 pm »
Well I removed all the sensors and re-paired them, and they seem to be working for now.

Offline woodesq

• Backer
« Reply #37 on: October 20, 2014, 04:24:10 pm »
How'd you connect the GE bulbs to the Almond plus?  I didn't see the option, unless it's where the app states to input a code from the screen (which never shows up). 

Any help here would be appreciated.

Thanks !

LGNilsson

« Reply #38 on: October 20, 2014, 10:15:04 pm »
Please see the Common steps here - http://wiki.securifi.com/index.php?title=How_to_associate_Securifi_ZigBee_sensors_-_Almond%2B_2014#Common_steps
It'd be the same for all sensors, not just the ones we supplied as an optional purchase.
You should then just have to switch on the bulbs and they should be added.

Offline fillibar

• Backer
« Reply #39 on: October 22, 2014, 06:20:56 pm »
For those still looking for these, I found a few (bought 2) at our local Target. $14.99.
Almond 3 mesh handling the home.

Offline cff

• Backer
« Reply #40 on: October 27, 2014, 09:07:59 pm »
Just picked up a couple of these (at Target) a few days ago also. They seem to work reasonably well (considering the price anyway), although I couldn't seem to control the dimming from the web UI or iOS app initially (on/off worked fine though).

Later that evening, and since, the dimming seems to work also, but it is a bit flaky. Not sure if it's the iOS app or not, but the sliders and their % values are odd (they go up to 200%+) and they sometimes takes two or three times to actually work. Also, status updates seems slow and inconsistent.

Securifi team, any chance for grouping devices like these for controls like on/off or dimming?

LGNilsson

« Reply #41 on: October 28, 2014, 02:14:33 am »
I've reported the iOS dimmer issue to the software team.

Grouping will come as part of the automation and we hope to have the first part of that ready in 2-3 weeks, finally.
We're going to start testing that internally this week.

Offline drgreenberg

• Backer
« Reply #42 on: November 03, 2014, 11:42:56 am »
the sliders and their % values are odd (they go up to 200%

Just to be a bit more accurate for the software developers, the sliders seem to show the 8-bit brightness value, from 0-255, which is inconvenient enough, but they also erroneously show this value as a percentage. So, 100% brightness shows as 255%. That should help pin down the wrong code.

Offline Mishakim

• Backer
« Reply #43 on: November 17, 2014, 09:36:19 am »
I just got a pair of these this weekend ($15 and buy-one/get-one 50% off at Target). Setup was no problem, they just go into pairing mode as soon as you turn them on (until they're successfully paired). I have some trouble with the iOS app, in that tapping the icon for the light turns it off, but not back on. To turn back on, I have to open the details, and move the slider back up.

The brightness curve isn't very good either, not sure if that's a software issue or hardware. It seems like anything under 150 or so is a single dimness, and anything above is near full. Part of that could be the lagginess of the interface. Also, one of the two bulbs hums when at anything less than full brightness. Haven't tried it in a different fixture yet.

Definitely looking forward to automation so I can group the two bulbs, and add a switch.

Offline Automate

• Backer
« Reply #44 on: November 17, 2014, 10:42:58 am »
I just got a pair of these this weekend ($15 and buy-one/get-one 50% off at Target).

Is this sale still going on?  Have a link?

Page created in 0.064 seconds with 16 queries.

bottleneck