Choose style:

Author Topic: Features most requested  (Read 15706 times)

Offline d.kiran

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Features most requested
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2015, 01:44:59 pm »
Since it doesn't hurt to ask ;-)

1. Integration of one or more MAC addresses into Rules UI for ability to include IP devices as part of rules.

2. SDK/API to create custom devices with ability to use reuse device types as templates. For example, I have DSC alarm. I want to use the door/open close sensor that I already have installed into Almond. I am willing to even write a http interface if Securifi/Almond would give us the ability to create a custom device.

3. Privoxy support on OpenWRT.

4. IP Camera support. A lot of IP Cameras support H264 video. All it would take for a simple solution, is a button that creates a HTTP basic autenticated URL that shows a H264 stream. This will easily work with more than 50% of IP Cameras on the market.

5. Ability to have Date Time and Weather when you tap on Almond to wake up instead of just a lock button.

6. Ability to categorize devices so that I can quickly reach that instead of scrolling through a list of blue icons. Speaking of which, can we have different colors for default states and other states. For example, if I expect all my doors & windows to be locked/closed, then the closed icon will be blue and if I quickly scroll down, I will see an orange icon which will immediately let me know that something is in a non-default state.

7. Better iOS support.

8. Notification if almond+ is no longer connected to cloud. If people are using it for security. If the cloud loses connection to the router, we should get notified (obviously after the current cloud issues have been resolved ;-))

P.S. Isn't it surprising how much more time you have if the wife is not home ;-)

Offline w0b

• Peanut
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2015, 01:38:42 pm »

1. Integration of one or more MAC addresses into Rules UI for ability to include IP devices as part of rules.

4. IP Camera support. A lot of IP Cameras support H264 video. All it would take for a simple solution, is a button that creates a HTTP basic autenticated URL that shows a H264 stream. This will easily work with more than 50% of IP Cameras on the market.

+1! :)

1. IP devices for rules is an awesome extension of capabilities

4. would be nice to be able to send the arm/disarm command when you set the app to "away"!

Offline Imagix

• Backer
Re: >:( Re: Features most requested
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2015, 02:29:05 am »
Just make basic wireless networking functionality work up to a descent level of satisfaction, that should be the by far the top most priority for a router. For me networking is essential part of the package to work and HA is an add-on. And i believe this must be the case with most of us around who dare to buy still in beta product.

Sigh.  And this is why I'm leaving Almond+.  On a Wifi router, the Wifi is one of the primary things that must Just Work.

Offline itzfry

« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2015, 05:23:10 pm »
email option for sensor rules - would be awesome.

Offline joltdude

• Backer
« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2015, 10:11:17 am »
Know this is really far out... Dual WAN support, Support for VPN, perhaps support for a 3G/4G cellular fob or hotspot as a backup connection..
Unfortunately the fob id want to use is going to be discontinued at the end of Sept (Infomark 910 Wimax hotspot, but you can use a mini usb to USB cable to connect it to some devices,,, i.e. asus routers and PCs and its can be used through the USB vs the wireless)...

Not sure how much RAM and CPU are available but later ideas are things like CUPS running a linux google cloud print/airprint server.. Stuff to make mDNS/Avahi/Zeroconf/Bonjour play nicely through the router, possibly even recognizing the router and connected devices.. proxy server functions for filtering content (Already have a adtrap to do this though), Perhaps a Media Server? Im just throwing out ideas...

That said, the most requested feature is for the almond+ to fail gracefully .. when iv misentered a wireless pw and tried to use wireless repeating.. iv had it lock up.. or 5g decides to vanish.... or it becomes stupid untill i reset the router completely with the button.. rebooting usually doesnt fix it.. it will freeze after a button push.. but its fine once i reconnect properly (if i can see the device)...

Offline Jaap

• Backer
« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2015, 01:15:33 pm »
OpenVPN server implementation

Offline ChrisizzleM

« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2015, 11:47:11 pm »
Just make basic wireless networking functionality work up to a descent level of satisfaction, that should be the by far the top most priority for a router. For me networking is essential part of the package to work and HA is an add-on. And i believe this must be the case with most of us around who dare to buy still in beta product.

Its not fun to go and reboot the device every day just to get a better performance on the Wi-Fi and that sometimes does not solves the issue. I have replaced my existing router with almond+ (thank god i kept my existing HA controller as almond+ is still in beta).

Clearly Wi-Fi performance lets everything and all the good features or tobe good features DOWN......

Please... please first rectify the performance issues with Wi-Fi networking as that's the feature pretty much all the existing users currently using and want that to work flawlessly.

I agree. Kind of ridiculous that this is even an option to choose. This should be assumed, but it really does need work.

Offline Mrboston911

« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2015, 11:28:17 pm »
I second the Motion for Email Option or Text Option for Sensor Rules.   If my Basement is Flooding, I want to know NOW!

LGNilsson

« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2015, 10:27:20 pm »

Its not fun to go and reboot the device every day just to get a better performance on the Wi-Fi and that sometimes does not solves the issue. I have replaced my existing router with almond+ (thank god i kept my existing HA controller as almond+ is still in beta).

Clearly Wi-Fi performance lets everything and all the good features or tobe good features DOWN......

Please... please first rectify the performance issues with Wi-Fi networking as that's the feature pretty much all the existing users currently using and want that to work flawlessly.

If you're having problems like this, please contact our support team for a potential replacement, as this is not normal behaviour at all. This applies to everyone that are seeing Wi-Fi related issues, as we need to at least investigate these issues to find out what the problems are and we need your help in doing this.
Based on how many Almond+'s that we've shipped to our backers and customers by now, it's only affecting a very small amount of units. We fully understand the frustration, but our support team will help everyone to get this sorted out.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2015, 11:39:05 pm by Lars »

Offline outbackrob

« Reply #24 on: April 19, 2015, 11:35:45 am »
Major change to the local UI!

1) I would like the ability to only lock SOME of the options on the screen.  Everyone should be able to see the status or operate a sensor, but not everyone should be able to get to settings.   As it stands right now, I have to use a screen lock password to view status, but I can get into settings without one.  (I can't do much, but I can still get in.)   Perhaps give us the ability to use all options on the first screen and then require a password for the next screens?  ie. can't go past -more- without a password?

Ability to change colors in the iOS app.

2) I am OLD and have a difficult time seeing white text on a green background.  Would love the ability to change the colors of both text and background.

LGNilsson

« Reply #25 on: April 19, 2015, 10:41:15 pm »
1. Already implemented, have a look under Settings, Security and App Security.
Tap on Select Apps and you can password protect them one by one.

2. I doubt that'll happen, but I'll let the software team know.

Offline outbackrob

« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2015, 06:36:24 pm »
1) THANKS!  I was unsure what select apps was for.  I will set it up NOW!

2) If folks are in any way Red/Green color blind, then this is REALLY needed.   The White on Green is impossible for me to see. 

Page created in 0.068 seconds with 21 queries.