Choose style:

Author Topic: Schlage Link Wireless Keypad Entry  (Read 7945 times)

Offline JesseD

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Schlage Link Wireless Keypad Entry
« on: August 31, 2014, 01:57:19 pm »
Hi-

Anyone have any luck connecting the Schlage LINK wireless Key Pad Entry and door lock?

http://www.amazon.com/Schlage-Wireless-Keypad-Lock-Nickel/dp/B001NEK6JM/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1409507740&sr=8-2&keywords=schlage+link+lock

Im having major issues connecting any of my SChlage devices....and they all say Z Wave compatible

LGNilsson

Re: Schlage Link Wireless Keypad Entry
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2014, 11:27:41 am »
How far away are the devices when you try to pair them?
Z-Wave has a pairing range limit of about 1 meter / 6 feet, so any further than that might cause problems.
Also, did you remove the devices from your previous gateway, assuming you had one, before trying to add them to the Almond+?

Offline JesseD

• Backer
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2014, 12:53:46 pm »
Thank you Lars. It amazes me how fast you answer everyone's questions.  I really appreciate your dedication!

so I no longer have the bridge so I will try to remove it from the almond although I'm really confused why it would even be on the Almond when I just got it

Ok assuming I can get these connected, my next question is what I can do with them. I know automation and scheduling isn't happening for another couple of months but the lock, for instance, has the capability to assign door codes for each person. Is that possible if I add it to the almond or is it still simple lock and unlock?

UPDATE:  I was able to remove another device so I now know what you mean by removing a device
« Last Edit: September 01, 2014, 03:56:31 pm by JesseD »

LGNilsson

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2014, 11:12:55 pm »
I try, but I don't have enough hours in a day to deal with everything.

We can set user pins, but we're still working on enhancing this feature, as right now you can't associate a name with a pin for example.
We won't have things like logging in place until the automation is there, but the next firmware will bring with it things like proper lock status which isn't quite working in R065.

Offline JesseD

• Backer
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2014, 11:10:45 am »
Thanks Lars...as long as I can add pins, Im good for now....

Im going to make the change today!

LGNilsson

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2014, 12:36:03 pm »
If you haven't already, you might want to hang on until next week when the new firmware should be out, it'll have quite a lot of lock related improvements.

Offline JesseD

• Backer
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2014, 03:08:19 pm »
Thanks for the info Lars...Ill try to hang on but Im really excited to get as much on the A+ as I can to really test it out

Offline JesseD

• Backer
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2014, 09:55:03 pm »
Hi Lars-

So I went ahead and UNPAIRED by FE599 from the A+ and PAIRED it up.  I have some problems

This is a know issue but I cannot unlock or lock the door from the A+ sensor settings.
The UNLOCK AND LOCK lights on the actual lock do not work anymore
When I go to assign a code to #1 ( or any number for that matter ) it doesn't save.  After a few seconds, it then turns to UNASSIGNED.  I get the same results on the web interface as well

Now in my locks current state, my door lock is still accepting the OLD codes...which means maybe I have to restore the lock to factory settings and then UNPAIR and then PAIR back to the A+?

« Last Edit: September 07, 2014, 10:01:45 pm by JesseD »

Offline JesseD

• Backer
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2014, 11:00:36 pm »
UPDATE:  So I reset my FE599 to factory settings...then unpaired and paired it to the A+.  The UNLOCK/LOCK lights and buttons on my lock work now, my old codes I used don't work and the default codes set to the lock are working.  Ok so far
The LOCK/UNLOCK status is still not updating on the web internface, phone or A+.  When I go to assign codes/PINs, when I hit save it seems like it saves but then goes to unassigned.  BUT.....when I go to the lock...the PIN works!!!  So just to make sure I wasn't crazy, I asked my wife what her old code was.  Tried it on the FE599 and it didn't work.  Then I went to the WEB interface, entered in her code under #2 assignment, hit save and then tried it on the lock and it WORKED!
SO I guess that even though it wont show the PIN on the sensor through A+, it saves it to the lock and it will let you in.
So at least I can get in my house and I cant wait until the new firmware this week to see what else I can do.  \
I stopped by Lowes and picked up a LAMP switch and outlet that I cant wait to hook up!

Page created in 0.062 seconds with 20 queries.

bottleneck