bottleneck
Choose style:

Author Topic: Does Anyone Have a Duplex Outlet to Dig Into?  (Read 6994 times)

Offline fillibar

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Does Anyone Have a Duplex Outlet to Dig Into?
« on: August 31, 2014, 10:07:36 pm »
Would anyone happen to have a functional duplex outlet they are looking to sacrifice (offering $20), used but working with metering?

The reason I ask is that I would like to crank it open and see about converting it to both outlets controlled and metered (as the same outlet of course). Unless someone knows of an outlet that already does this. All the ones I have seen are one controlled and one on. I did this in the past with X10 outlets and it worked well.
Almond 3 mesh handling the home.

Offline Blueiris8

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Does Anyone Have a Duplex Outlet to Dig Into?
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2014, 10:48:26 am »
I assume you mean in-wall duplex outlet with metering.  Honestly, the only Z-Wave model I've found that included metering is the Enerwave ZW15RM, and it's a new product that I doubt many people have a this point.  The cost about $50 with shipping, but the only retailer currently selling them (topgreener.com) doesn't list them online, so you have call them.  Also, I've never seen an in-wall Zigbee device that did metering. 

If you find any other in-wall duplex outlets with metering, please list them, I'm struggling to find any besides the Enerwave.

Offline fillibar

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Does Anyone Have a Duplex Outlet to Dig Into?
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2014, 04:07:28 pm »
Hmm... I will have to look around more. I found a bunch of outlets from multiple companies (GE and Evolve as examples) for around $40 on Amazon but they mostly lack power monitoring. I was off on the pricing, so I guess I should offer $30 for a used one (with power monitoring). It amazes me that the external offerings are cheaper and better (I found Aeon single plug with monitoring for $36).
Almond 3 mesh handling the home.

Page created in 0.084 seconds with 20 queries.

bottleneck