bottleneck
Choose style:

Author Topic: DLNA Server  (Read 4680 times)

Offline allever

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
DLNA Server
« on: September 01, 2014, 11:33:33 pm »
Well done with the Almond+!  It's running as my main router with no problems (knock on wood!).

Quick question:  I enabled the router DLNA feature and connected my USB 3.0 hard drive to it.  I'm able to see the drive, but all I can see are the directories in it.  I can't see any mp3/movie/misc files.  Do I need to enable something else?  I'm running Windows 8.1 Pro 64 bit.  Thanks again!

Offline jtehh

• Backer
Re: DLNA Server
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2014, 06:54:28 pm »
When you turned it on you may have noticed that the Media Directory defaults to "/mnt".  I tried a few changes, but that seems to be the only value that works.  On your USB drive, create a directory named "mnt" and place your media files within.

That worked for me, but now that I took my drive off and added in a lot more files and re-connected (and re-booted router) I can't see my files.  So YMMV on the above.

--UPDATED:  Looks like since it was a lot of files, just took the server a while to index them.  I can see all of them now.  So yes, place them within a "mnt" folder and you should be golden.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2014, 06:57:01 pm by jtehh »

Offline Andy

• Backer
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2014, 07:06:30 pm »
Thanks @jtehh!  So that's what i've been missing.  Although it's unfortunate that /mnt location is not changeable...  What is your directory structure under /mnt?  Can dlna traverse the entire subtree and figure out files by type?

Offline jtehh

• Backer
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2014, 09:03:12 pm »
If I connect from my computer using Media Player, it doesn't respect the folders.  It just shows me all of the video or music files.  If I connect using my Samsung TV, it does actually let me navigate through the folders I created under /mnt.

Here is pic from my TV.  Within /mnt I just have Movies, Music, and Home_Videos.

That is about as far as I've gotten.  Just enough to make sure I can use the media on the drive and save/download.  Looks to be a decent NAS-like capability for the various computers around the house.

Offline Andy

• Backer
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2014, 12:55:57 pm »
@jtehh  - Thanks, that's very good news!  I will adopt something similar then.

LGNilsson

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2014, 12:08:55 am »
We still have some Samba issues that will hopefully be fixed in the next firmware release and it's most likely that this is causing the problems you're having.

Page created in 0.062 seconds with 24 queries.