bottleneck
Choose style:

Author Topic: Eaton Door/Window and Water Sensors  (Read 4779 times)

Offline fillibar

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Eaton Door/Window and Water Sensors
« on: September 02, 2014, 12:10:08 am »
Received an Eaton HOMEheartbeat start kit (with a water sensor) and was able to check it out today. This is an older kit (Eaton ceased support back in 2011) but I was hoping the Zigbee sensors could be detected by my Almond+ anyways as they are fairly simple. Unfortunately this was not the case. I will continue working at it and let people know, but neither sensor was even detected by the Almond+ (there was no attempt at pairing)...
Almond 3 mesh handling the home.

LGNilsson

Re: Eaton Door/Window and Water Sensors
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2014, 12:32:03 pm »
They're most likely ZigBee HA 1.1 and some older sensors like that aren't fully compatible with ZigBee HA 1.2. The ZigBee Alliance really messed this stuff up, but apparently they're now, finally, working on merging all the various ZigBee standards.

Two questions, 1. did you reset the sensors before trying to add them and 2. does the Almond+ see anything at all?

Edit: Wow, those sensors are from like 2005, that's even pre ZigBee HA 1.1, so they'll most likely not work.

Offline fillibar

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Eaton Door/Window and Water Sensors
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2014, 09:11:42 pm »
Yes, they are ancient. Got them as "new old stock" at an extremely low price. I did not think they would work but was willing to take a chance with something so cheap.

In answer to the questions:
1) They had never been set for anything before. They have no "pairing" button, it is triggered via a reed switch (which the homekey the kit has a magnet for). Tried with both a regular magnet (making sure it triggered the reed switch) and using the key (on and off) to initiate pairing.
2) Almond+ sees nothing at all, no. It will sit in the add sensor state forever (I even forgot about it and found the screen still on the next morning after one set of attempts).

Just figured it was better to let people know about the Eatons (and now they know which version of ZigBee to use, although no product out there really appears to label that).
Almond 3 mesh handling the home.

Page created in 0.071 seconds with 20 queries.

bottleneck