Choose style:

Author Topic: Network (LAN) connection dropping when copying large files  (Read 4186 times)

Offline Delphy

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Network (LAN) connection dropping when copying large files
« on: August 31, 2014, 06:32:52 am »
Hi All,

I got my Almond+ the other day, and immediately updated to the latest firmware.  I am using it in AP mode at the moment.  Here's the setup I have:

Ubuntu server -> gigabit switch -> Almond+ -> Desktop

(All connected with LAN cables)

When I run in this mode, trying to copy large files like movies (or even 700mb cd images) fails.  A desktop PC downstairs that isn't connected through the Almond+ works fine.   Removing the Almond and just using a normal LAN cable directly from the switch to my desktop also works fine.

For now I've just removed the Almond+ and put it as a seperate device, but eventually I'd like to make it the center of my network to replace the router downstairs, so I'd like to get this issue sorted out.  Any diagnostics/logs I can supply that would help to fix this I am glad to give. :)

Thanks
D

LGNilsson

Re: Network (LAN) connection dropping when copying large files
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2014, 06:41:06 am »
Assuming you're using the WAN port on the Almond+ to connect to the switch, can you move it to one of the LAN ports? This should fix the problem and it works even though it might seem a bit odd. This is a known issue that we're working on a fix for.

Offline Delphy

• Backer
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2014, 09:54:28 am »
As far as I recall I wasn't using the WAN port to connect - just 2 of the normal LAN ports.  My memory is fuzzy though, so I can always retry it. :)  Thanks for the help!

Offline reedog117

• Backer
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2014, 06:37:37 pm »
Actually I can confirm that files still get corrupted when using the LAN ports instead of the WAN port in AP mode.

Offline nsgnfcnt1

• Backer
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2014, 12:34:39 am »
I'm having a possibly related problem. My Almond+ is setup as a wireless AP but my desktop is connected via LAN (right now LAN Port 2). It's been fine for the last week since I received it but just tonight the LAN port has been flaking out. Multiple disconnections. I'm watching the Status screen on the Almond+ and I can see the LAN Port 2 drop the connection every once in a while. Almost every 3 minutes or so as I'm writing this.  I'll admit it could be my desktop network port too... but I've been running this rig for a while now on my previous WRT54G and I've never experienced this issue before. The weird thing is it just seemed to start tonight after it's first week of service being fine.

Page created in 0.074 seconds with 21 queries.

bottleneck