bottleneck
Choose style:

Author Topic: Some help with updating firmware via web interface.  (Read 3025 times)

Offline pclabtech

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Some help with updating firmware via web interface.
« on: September 05, 2014, 08:55:23 pm »
Here is my setup at home:

Cable Modem ---> Cisco E3000 (Wan Port) ---> computer / computer / printer / Smartthings Hub (On physical LAN ports) and a ton of things on WiFi.

I disconnected my printer and physically connected the Almond+ WAN port to my E3000 router.  It assigned the Almond+ a DHCP number in the scope I have set.  It is set for DHCP / CABLE MODEM for internet setup.  The diagnostic button on the Almond+ says "Hooray!" so all is good.

Until I try to use my computer browser to connect to the Almond+ to update the firmware.  I have tried the IP address my router says it's on, I have tried the 10.10.10.254 address with no luck.  What am I doing wrong that I can't communicate with this device to get to the Web UI?

Offline Nemhome

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Some help with updating firmware via web interface.
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2014, 03:43:43 am »
The 10.10.10.254 address is only available if you're connected to the Almond+ (wifi or ethernet). I was in the same situation than you : i finally connected every computer directly on the Almond+, and used it as my router.

You can, if you do not want to do that, simply connect a computer to an ethernet port of the almond, go to 10.10.10.254 to upgrade it, and then reconnect the computer to your Cisco router.

I don't know if there is an option to make the Web UI accessible from outside its network - If there is, I'll gladly take the info.

Offline SilverIce

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Some help with updating firmware via web interface.
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2014, 05:46:49 am »
Hi, if you go to Settings > WAN Access from the touch screen you will see a Web Access, enable that and you can connect from outside the network.

Page created in 0.086 seconds with 22 queries.