bottleneck
Choose style:

Author Topic: Couple of Issues before / after reboot  (Read 3042 times)

Offline felixdacat

• Chestnut
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Couple of Issues before / after reboot
« on: October 17, 2014, 01:20:01 pm »
I'm running R066 and have a couple of sensors connected to my A+ (router mode). One of four GE bulbs suddenly stopped talking, which means I could not switch it on/off either via the router UI or the iPhone app.
I restarted the A+ which had been running rock solid for several weeks. After the restart all wireless devices (both 5Ghz and 2.4Ghz) were not able to connect to the internet although they successfully connected to the A+. The A+ itself said that internet connection is working, ping to google.com on the A+ was successful. I remember I read in the forum that unplugging all ethernet connections before a reboot would help. It did, after another reboot the wireless devices were online again.

Back to the GE bulb. It still didn't work so I removed it via the touchscreen and added it, now using a different name. The bulb was working again as expected but the iPhone app still shows the old name of the sensor in addition to the new one, even after a restart, logged-in/out. The touchscreen UI on the router does not show the old entry.

Net net, three issues:
  • GE bulb suddenly stopped talking to the A+
  • No internet connectivity for wireless devices after reboot
  • Old / removed sensors are still visible on the iPhone app

Thanks.

LGNilsson

Re: Couple of Issues before / after reboot
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2014, 10:23:37 pm »
You're the second, or maybe third person reporting issues with the GE bulbs, very odd.
We're aware of the removed sensor issue, it'll be fixed in a cloud update that I was expecting to have happened already, but it seems like it'll be later this week now.
As for the internet connectivity issue, I'm not sure what's going on and I'll pass it on to the software team.

Offline felixdacat

• Chestnut
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Couple of Issues before / after reboot
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2014, 05:48:01 pm »
Thanks Lars, appreciate the detailed response.

Page created in 0.058 seconds with 25 queries.

bottleneck