bottleneck
Choose style:

Author Topic: Almond+ App issues  (Read 4535 times)

Offline Daveedward

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Almond+ App issues
« on: December 04, 2014, 06:10:01 am »
I've been having a lot of problems over the past few weeks with the Almond+ app.

The app often displays incorrect sensor readings for my lights, which has required me to log out/log back in to fix. But this doesn't always fix the issue, since I will put in the correct log in information and sometimes it tells me my login is incorrect. I've had to uninstall/reinstall the app to fix it, but that hasn't always been working. Which has lead me to unlinking/relinking my almond account. But now that has stopped working.

Currently I'm now both unable to unlink my almond account from my Almond+ as well as unable to log in to the app. It just tells me "authenticating" and then stops with no error.

Edit: I've done a settings restore on my router, and its still linked to my account and attempting to unlink still fails.
It also still has all my sensors connected.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2014, 06:45:06 am by Daveedward »

LGNilsson

Re: Almond+ App issues
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2014, 06:56:03 am »
Right, doing a reset doesn't 1. remove your cloud account, this has to be done via the Almond Account option and 2. it doesn't remove the sensors as these have to be removed manually due to how the system works. Z-Wave sensors have to be removed/reset one by one by the gateway, as this is the only way you can reset a Z-Wave sensor. ZigBee you can remove, but they too have to be reset, in the case of the sensors we offered, by following the instructions provided on the Wiki.

We've been having some cloud related issues and we'll be updating our cloud software in a week or two, hopefully that will address the problems you're having, as they're most likely not app related. If you're still having problems with the cloud account, please contact our support team so we can investigate what's going on.

Offline cswilly

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2014, 10:30:57 am »
@Lars, with z-wave devices, what happens if my Almond+ gets stolen and I have to replace it?

From what I understand, my z-wave devices are paired with the stolen Almond+ which I need to unpair the z-wave devices. Right?

Are my z-wave devices now useless forever?
Sounds scary to invest in z-wave devices, if so...

Thanks

LGNilsson

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2014, 11:05:09 am »
Of course not, if you use the Add Sensor, Remove option, you can reset the sensors. You just can't reset them without a gateway, in this case the Almond+.

Offline cswilly

• Backer
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2014, 11:29:57 am »
@Lars, sorry, now I am really confused about z-wave's limitations.

Suppose I have a z-wave device associated with Almond+_1. How can I associate it to Almond+_2?

From the posts here, I understood that I first have to remove it from Almond+_1 using Almond+_1 and then add it to Almond+_2.
Have I misunderstood something?

I my understanding above is right, then if my Almond+_1 is stolen or fails, then my z-wave device cannot be added to any other Almond+ devices.

If my understanding above is wrong, then I really have misread the posts here--which is possible :-(

Offline rpr69

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2014, 01:03:54 pm »
That would be the normal way to do it. In the absence of Almond+_1, on Almond+_2 you you would go to Add Sensor, remove option, then enable the join mechanism on the specific sensor, and it will reset the sensor. Then you would add it to Almond+_2 as a new sensor. This is what Lars said above, you can reset a previously joined sensor with any gateway, if you follow that process.

Offline cswilly

• Backer
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2014, 09:48:28 am »
@rpr69 thanks for the info. I think I got it.

Page created in 0.071 seconds with 19 queries.

bottleneck