Choose style:

Author Topic: Trane Z-Wave Thermostat  (Read 6228 times)

Offline svijayan

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Trane Z-Wave Thermostat
« on: September 11, 2014, 01:19:14 pm »
Does anybody have luck setting up a Trane Z-Wave thermostat with almond? I have one that was initially a part of verizon home set up.But I cannot get to add this to almond+.
I did see someone who was able to do it in another thread, but since it was 60+ days old thread, I am starting a new one.

Any suggestions, steps is much appreciated!!

For reference: Earlier post was http://forum.securifi.com/index.php/topic,919.msg2022.html#msg2022
« Last Edit: September 11, 2014, 01:21:06 pm by svijayan »

Offline govee

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Trane Z-Wave Thermostat
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2014, 03:02:50 pm »
Since you don't list it as an activity you perfromed, I would suggest that you need to do a remove then a join. .

Offline svijayan

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2014, 09:49:21 pm »
It has been almost 6 months since I stopped using verizon service and I don't think I had specifically removed it. The steps require me to do that from verizon website.
Can't the pairing happen without specifically removing it? The steps I followed was to use the add sensor option in almond+ and select the enable z-wave option in the thermostat. The spinner keeps rotating in almond+ but nothing happens and finally the action times out.

I have also used the remove option in the thermostat. But doesn't look like anything specific happened. I have also managed to get the manual for the thermostat online, but doesn't mention any additonal step other than what I tried in there too.

if anyone uses this thermostat and has been able to set it up, please repeat the steps for me in case I am missing something. Other option is to wait for thanksgiving hoping for a good deal on a thermostat. Controlling the hvac is the most critical part for me at this time.

Thanks!

LGNilsson

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2014, 12:09:22 am »
All Z-Wave devices have to be reset before they can join a new gateway/controller.

To reset it, according to the manual (with added parts for the Almond+) do the following.

Tap on Add Sensor, then Remove in the LCD UI of the Almond+.
Make sure the Almond+ is no longer than 1m/6 feet from the thermostat.
Press the Menu button on the thermostat.
Scroll down to the Z-Wave Install menu option and press the Select button.
Press the Yes button to remove/reset the thermostat.
The orange light on the thermostat should blink and then turn solid once it has been removed/reset and the LCD UI on the Almond+ will show a popup with a message about an unknown device having been removed.

To add the thermostat to the Almond+, do the following.

Tap on Add Sensor in the LCD UI, then Add.
Make sure the Almond+ is no longer than 1m/6 feet from the thermostat.
Press the Menu button on the thermostat.
Scroll down to the Z-Wave Install menu option and press the Select button.
Press the Yes button to add the thermostat to the Almond+.
he orange light on the thermostat should blink while the thermostat is being added and then turn solid, while the LCD UI on the Almond+ should let you that it's adding a new sensor, then you should get a small box where you can change the name and location. Once you've tapped on done here, you should be able to see the thermostat in the Connected Sensors option in the LCD UI.

Offline kanmanirajap

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2014, 09:03:58 pm »
I've been using Trane Zwave thermostat with Almond+. I was able to control cool mode with the iOS app... but after switching to heat mode, for some reason the app doesn't reflect the current temp and setting the temp through the app is not working. I'm hoping future app updates will fix it.

LGNilsson

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2014, 06:36:49 am »
Does this work correctly though the LCD UI, local web UI and cloud UI?
I'm just trying to verify it's an iOS app issue and not something else causing this.

Page created in 0.062 seconds with 20 queries.

bottleneck