Choose style:

Author Topic: Almond reset to default on its own  (Read 3138 times)

Offline Starowl

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Almond reset to default on its own
« on: September 08, 2014, 09:30:02 pm »
In router mode I have had no problems.  Best of all I've had.  But while I was away for several weeks I could no longer connect to my port forwarded devices after three weeks.  I returned today and saw that the router had returned to factory defaults -- 10.10.10.254 and default admin password and new/default SSID and wireless PW.  Got it back on track today but ask for ideas why this happened.  It was serious for me because I have two security systems I need to access while away but could not after the 3 weeks..  Suggestions?

Offline Ashok

• Securifi Staff
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Almond reset to default on its own
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2014, 07:48:50 am »
Hi Starowl,

To our best knowledge Almond should not get reset to the factory defaults by itself unless we manually do it. However, there is a possibility that if internal RAM chip is gone bad, it won't save the settings after reboot due to power outage and there is an easy way to test this. Could you please turn off the Almond for few seconds and turn it back on and check if it is saving the settings or not. If it is saving the settings that means RAM is working, if not we may have to replace the unit. Thank you!

Best Regards,
Ashok Kumar,
Securifi Technical Support.

Page created in 0.054 seconds with 18 queries.

bottleneck