Choose style:

Author Topic: Almond won't go past touch screen test, wifi keeps dropping  (Read 7043 times)

Offline cssgirl

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Almond won't go past touch screen test, wifi keeps dropping
« on: September 14, 2014, 10:08:53 am »
Hello,

I bought my almond at the end of June and had been very happy with it. Unfortunately the last few weeks I've been experiencing trouble, and now it won't go past the "touch screen test". I have been using it as a range extender only.

It started about 3 weeks ago where it wouldn't connect to my network. I moved it, thinking that maybe something was blocking the signal. Found a good spot, and it worked for a day or two, but dropped the signal again, wouldn't reconnect. I moved it again. Found another spot, connected. Each time I had two or three bars. The last time it said it was connected, but the connection was dropping every few minutes when we were connected to it - even though no problems were being shown on the almond screen, and I was literally right next to it.

Last night, the device reset itself again (it had done this once before when I moved it). This time though it just keeps going to the touch screen test (green background, you click three squares - and then that's it. Just sits at that screen. I've unplugged it and let it sit, still the same thing happens. I also tried resetting it by pressing the inset button above the power cord. It just takes me back to the touch screen test.

I need some help asap, as I have a large house and my office is at the other end of it and I need the almond to get a good connection for work.

Thanks,
Lindsey

Offline pete

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Almond won't go past touch screen test, wifi keeps dropping
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2014, 08:39:31 pm »
Welcome to the Securifi forum Lindsey.

It started about 3 weeks ago where it wouldn't connect to my network. I moved it, thinking that maybe something was blocking the signal. Found a good spot, and it worked for a day or two, but dropped the signal again, wouldn't reconnect. I moved it again. Found another spot, connected. Each time I had two or three bars. The last time it said it was connected, but the connection was dropping every few minutes when we were connected to it - even though no problems were being shown on the almond screen, and I was literally right next to it.

Last night, the device reset itself again (it had done this once before when I moved it). This time though it just keeps going to the touch screen test (green background, you click three squares - and then that's it. Just sits at that screen. I've unplugged it and let it sit, still the same thing happens. I also tried resetting it by pressing the inset button above the power cord. It just takes me back to the touch screen test.

I have been using it as a range extender only.

Best guessing here....we are going to try a reset and setting it up as router first instead of a range extender.

1 - unplug you Almond for a few minutes
2 - connect an Ethernet cable to the WAN port on the Almond from your current network firewall / switch / router / AP
3 - reset it to original configuration

What happens?

Also note that wireless can have signal issues propagating in your home.

A variety of household appliances may cause wireless interference. 

That said it shouldn't cause the issues you are seeing with your Almond.

Depending on the position of the Almond device, your networked device, and the appliance(s), you may even have the wireless network cut out when your microwave or cordless phone is in use.

Older Bluetooth devices can interfere with nearby Wi-Fi signals, although newer Bluetooth devices don’t. Ensure that microwave isn’t between the Almond device and your wireless devices, in this way, problems with microwaves can often be solved.

Interference from other wireless networks in the area can cause issues with your wireless signal.

If the reset and reconfiguration (X2) of your Almond doesn't fix your issues then I would contact support:

http://www.securifi.com/support
« Last Edit: September 14, 2014, 10:30:20 pm by pete »
[img width= height= alt=" width="250" height="52" class="bbc_img resized]http://forum.securifi.com/Themes/Firox_multicolor_by_SMFSimple/images/logo.png[/img]
Pete
Lockport, IL  USA

Offline josheggar

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2015, 06:47:43 pm »
The answer from Securifi is not helpful. The problem is that the Almond router has gone into its "Factory Test for Touch Screen" and after screen calibration it simply displays three lines of hexadecimal code.

I have tried unplugging the router, plugging the lan port into my network, but this does nothing to solve the problem of the router not ever coming out of the factory test sequence.

I have also tried the hard reset button repeatedly, holding it for more than ten second each time. It displays "(null)" across three lines and eventually goes to a white screen followed by the bootup sequence. After booting up we are back at square one with the router in the factory screen calibration test.

Offline mparadis

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2015, 09:17:40 pm »
Contact support. This is a forum for general help, not support which can offer better specific support and handle replacements if needed.

Page created in 0.065 seconds with 20 queries.