bottleneck
Choose style:

Author Topic: Additional units for ranger extenders  (Read 3464 times)

Offline dcb

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Additional units for ranger extenders
« on: September 14, 2014, 06:11:55 pm »
Hi, I am wondering if you will be offering a discount to the those unhappy with the range.  5000 sq ft range isn't what I am seeing in my 1100 sq ft semi-detached.

I have it in the middle of my main floor and I have horrible signal in my back yard...Through 1 exterior wall with 2 windows on it.

It took a while to bother plugging it in since the functionality is far from 100%, but other than the range, I'm happy with it so far. Thanks.

Offline j8048188

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Additional units for ranger extenders
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2014, 08:19:43 pm »
Do you have the router mounted to a wall or using the desk stand? The router must be in the upright position for proper coverage.
Also, the 2.4 Ghz band will provide much better coverage than the 5Ghz band.

Offline dcb

• Backer
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2014, 11:21:12 pm »
Thanks for the reply. I basically only use 2.4 GHz since the printer, Logitech Remote Hub and my ChromeCast  us it.  It is vertical, propped against a wall on a shelf.  I can't imagine that is the cause of 1 exterior wall and 10m away I am dropping wifi on my phone. This was never a problem for my E4200 which was in the basement.

Offline Halaster

• Backer
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2014, 11:37:16 pm »
That should not be a problem with the router in general, but possibly your specific unit.
I would not expect them to offer a second discounted router if you have bad range, since anyone can say they have bad range and try to get another router for cheap.

They will probably address the issue with a replacement though if really something is wrong with yours.

I posted this in another post asking how the range is and this is what I am seeing:

To get to the far outside corner indicated on the image it goes through like 8 walls and 2 windows.

Page created in 0.077 seconds with 24 queries.

bottleneck