bottleneck
Choose style:

Author Topic: SIP IP telephony.  (Read 3145 times)

Offline eldaria

• Kickstarter Developer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
SIP IP telephony.
« on: October 10, 2014, 02:53:26 pm »
Ok so today my wife told me the home phone is not working.
I have a Gigaset C610 IP, and I did not really do any testing after setting up the final Almond+ and I saw it connect to DHCP so did not notice it was not actually working.
But is seems it does not let SIP traffic through it is not possible to receive or make calls.

I saw another thread about Vonage not working, but I think it is better to have a bug thread that actually shows not the provider but the protocol. Perhaps it should be merged.

Anyway, I could activate port forwarding, but I should not need to, I already activated UPNP, and this has not been an issue with any other router I had. all other routers worked out of the box without having to configure something.
With the Almond+ the phone will reports "Failed to register with provider"

So I did some testing.

All tests where performed using a factory default reset before testing to eliminate any configuration changes.
Only configuration done was the inital setup of each router.

Connected directly to Fiberbox: OK
Original Almond: OK
Apple TimeCapsule: OK
D-Link DIR-655: OK
Almond+: Not working.

So to me this means that something is not as it should be with the default settings.

Offline MrAkai

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: SIP IP telephony.
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2014, 07:52:20 pm »
Does the Gigaset use uPnP?  If so you have to enable it on the A+ before using it.

I can't remember for sure but I think you have to use the OpenWRT interface to turn it on instead of the main NutOS one (advanced->OpenWrt)

Offline eldaria

• Kickstarter Developer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: SIP IP telephony.
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2014, 05:15:26 am »
I have already activated upnp, I did this already when the Xbox 360 reported problems.
However it does not seem to be enough for the Gigaset to work.

For now I connected it to the original Almond that has it's own connection on the Fber box. So at least it is firewalled.

Page created in 0.062 seconds with 21 queries.