Choose style:

Author Topic: Lowe's /Iris sensors working with A+  (Read 5246 times)

Offline rldreams

• Beta Testers
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Lowe's /Iris sensors working with A+
« on: March 11, 2015, 10:16:11 am »
How much if any luck has anybody had with the Lowe's/Iris sensors ?  It looks to me like Lowe's is dropping them since my local store had the starter kits 60% off. You can't really beat getting a hub, keypad, thermostat, motion detector 2 door/window sensors, key fob, and smart plug for $100. If they actually work. 
 It seems most of the bad reviews are the same as with the HD wink systems and that the hubs are constantly losing connection. That would not be an issue if the sensors will play nicely with A+ .  I would go down and buy a few of the kits, then dump the gateways on fleabay or craigslist if the sensors work with A+

Offline rldreams

• Beta Testers
Re: Lowe's /Iris sensors working with A+
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2015, 11:19:37 am »
Never mind. I just kept looking around and found the answer in the home automation thread. 
 Just as I thought the Iris sensors use a proprietary Zigbee protocol, so are useless unless you want to pay Lowe's the $10/month for Iris service. I knew getting 8 sensors for $100 was too good to be true. 

Offline Ohiomedic

• Backer
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2015, 03:33:22 pm »
There are a couple that work that have an Iris logo, but made by 3rd parties, like the first alert smoke/co detector. I think the reason for the sale on Iris sensors is it was announced at CES that Centralite has partnered with Lowes to make Iris sensors. So hopefully the new ones won't be proprietary.

LGNilsson

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2015, 03:43:51 am »
The Lowe's thermostats are Z-Wave and would work, in fact, they work really well with the Almond+.
Some devices are ZigBee, some are Z-Wave, so anything Z-Wave might work. Please check the sensor list in the Wiki.

Edit: Ah, I see, they're doing a $99 off any starter kit, it's even on their website. Getting the comfort kit, you're actually getting the thermostat for a really good deal at $80 for the kit, when the thermostat on its own is $99...
The rest of the stuff sadly won't work as is.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2015, 03:46:50 am by Lars »

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 17 queries.

bottleneck