Choose style:

Author Topic: 2gig CT-30 not pairing  (Read 12532 times)

Offline rpr69

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
2gig CT-30 not pairing
« on: September 23, 2014, 09:58:22 pm »
I just got a CT-30 with the Z-Wave radio, but I can't get it to pair with the Almond+. I tried the 'factory reset' and also followed some of the advice in another forum that advised putting it into 'simple' mode, but it doesn't seem that anything I am doing is making it visible to the Almond+. It's not even like it's trying and failing, there is no indication that the Almond is seeing anything. I will note that I am running it on battery only at the moment, but I hope to add a 'C' wire shortly to power it from the furnace. It's not clear from what I've read if it requires a C wire to power the radio, or not.

Any help would be appreciated.

Offline Oendaril

• Backer
Re: 2gig CT-30 not pairing
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2014, 10:33:04 pm »
That thermostat should work fine with z-wave over battery power.  I do believe this model comes without the z-wave module built into it, as there are slots on the side of the unit. You can try taking that module and pulling it out and then putting it back in to try to reinitialize and verify it's fully seated. Then, try doing a remove sensor on the almond+ and the thermostat; after that's done, try the add sensor on both.

Offline rpr69

• Backer
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2014, 03:28:28 pm »
I've tried that and still no luck. I can't remove the sensor from the Almond+ because it's never been identified. Maybe I have a bad radio. I'll have to message the seller I guess.

Thanks
Tom

LGNilsson

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2014, 12:35:15 am »
Uhm, Z-Wave devices can be removed even if they were never paired with the Almond+. so please go into the LCD UI, tap on Add Sensor, then Remove (not remove all) and then follow the instructions for how to remove the thermostat from a gateway and it should reset. A factory reset will not solve this problem, as the Z-Wave module/radio will staid paired to whatever device it was paired to until it's removed/reset from a gateway.

Offline rpr69

• Backer
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2014, 10:36:42 pm »
Uhm, Z-Wave devices can be removed even if they were never paired with the Almond+. so please go into the LCD UI, tap on Add Sensor, then Remove (not remove all) and then follow the instructions for how to remove the thermostat from a gateway and it should reset. A factory reset will not solve this problem, as the Z-Wave module/radio will staid paired to whatever device it was paired to until it's removed/reset from a gateway.

Uhm, I'm an idiot. I had no idea that was the case. And....it worked. Thank you!

LGNilsson

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2014, 12:01:33 am »
It's a neat trick of Z-Wave...  ::)
Anyhow, once you're aware of the issue, it's easy enough to fix.

Offline rpr69

• Backer
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2014, 11:09:09 am »
Now the thermostat connects, but it only ever seems to update once. Even though I can see the current ambient temperature on the display, it never changes on the router. Anyone else seeing this?

Also, it appears that the thermostat always sends the temp in F, even if the display is set to C, would it be possible to ask that this be configurable in the Almond+ UI?

Offline tjnj

• Backer
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2014, 11:20:40 pm »
I have a CT30 as well.  I was able to get it paired but I"m having the same issue as you.  It is able to collect the initial data from the thermostat (temperature, etc) but once I try to change the temperature, it just says "Updating Sensor Data" and it never actually changes the temperature.

LGNilsson

« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2014, 01:08:01 am »
What UI are you guys using when this happens?

Offline tjnj

• Backer
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2014, 10:48:31 am »
Hi Lars - are you referring to the UI of the CT30?   I believe it is in Full Mode if that is what you are asking.   I was previously using the CT30 with a Nexia Bridge that I was trying to replace with the Almond+ and had no problems controlling it.   

LGNilsson

« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2014, 11:40:30 am »
No, I meant on the Almond+.
Is the thermostat unresponsive on all UI, i.e. LCD, local web UI, cloud UI, mobile apps.

Offline tjnj

• Backer
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2014, 10:26:17 pm »
Hi Lars - I tried to now change the temperature on the Almond+ UI.   I am intending to heat my house with the thermostat and the thermostat is set for HEAT.   When I open it up in the ALmond LCD UI, there are two bars - one indicating COOL and one indicating HEAT.   The mode is set for HEAT but the HEAT bar is empty (the COOL is set for 75 with a circular indicator).   I can touch the HEAT bar and select a temperature but it doesn't change on the thermostat.   When I leave the screen and come back, the HEAT bar is still empty.   I believe the Almond+ has a problem controlling HEAT for the CT-30.     I also noticed this when using the iOS app.   I could in fact change the COOL setting but the HEAT would never update. 

LGNilsson

« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2014, 01:17:36 am »
I've reported this as a bug with the software team, so they'll be looking into it.

Offline HockeyGoalie

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2015, 10:47:19 am »
I tried to install 4 ct30s yesterday and all have the same issue as stated above.  All say "saving" then "unable to update sensor."  Help!

Offline Ashok

• Securifi Staff
« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2015, 05:57:29 am »
@ HockeyGoalie,

We have to ensure that the device is very close to the Almond+ while adding, hence, ensure that you move at least one device very close to Almond+ and remove and add it again then check the performance.

If you are still facing the issue then send the logs by making sure Almond+ is not booted up.

Page created in 0.06 seconds with 21 queries.