bottleneck
Choose style:

Author Topic: Can not connect to the router after upgrade  (Read 9531 times)

Offline medatom

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Can not connect to the router after upgrade
« on: September 23, 2014, 11:56:38 pm »
Finally upgraded the almond + to A066. I could configure the IP and the wifi ssid everything with out much issues. Now i can not access the router. Tried going through the web interface, does not work. Tried to access the router through the connect.securifi.com. I can log in and see the sensor tab but the router tab is empty with a message can not connect to the router.
In spite of all this, i can still access internet through wired or wifi. I don't know what's going on.
Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thank You

LGNilsson

Re: Can not connect to the router after upgrade
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2014, 01:05:59 am »
So what happens when you can't access the router?
I can't even begin to help without a bit more specific details as to what you're seeing, a screenshot would be handy for example.

Offline zentrickster

• Backer
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2014, 08:36:07 pm »
So what happens when you can't access the router?

Well when you can't access the the router, you really can't  do much inre updates, etc...

BTW  I have not been able to flash to the the latest firmware BECAUSE I CANNOT  ACCESS  MY ROUTER.....

Tried to access the router through the connect.securifi.com. I can log in and see the sensor tab but the router tab is empty with a message can not connect to the router.

My Almond+ has nice pretty green lights telling me all is good in my connection to the internet...

However  I am not able to connect to the Almond remotely....

bad

LGNilsson

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2014, 05:14:06 am »
connect.securifi.com is our cloud service and you need to link your Almond+ to it, it's not the local web UI.
The local web UI is accessed via the IP address of the router which you can find under Status, Web Admin in the LCD UI.
I assume the LCD UI is working?  ???
If the local web UI doesn't load, please do a hard reset and it should work.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2014, 05:23:45 am by Lars »

Offline pete

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2014, 06:22:10 am »
Finally upgraded the almond + to A066. I could configure the IP and the wifi ssid everything with out much issues. Now i can not access the router. Tried going through the web interface, does not work.

BTW  I have not been able to flash to the the latest firmware BECAUSE I CANNOT  ACCESS  MY ROUTER.....

So after the reset what do you see in the LCD GUI relating to the local IP stuff?

Lets try first to get to your router locally; then we can go to the cloud stuff.  Baby steps here now.

Start first by pinging the Almond + IP you see in the Almond + GUI with your desktop / laptop.

Make sure you are in the same subnet / IP range that the Almond + GUI shows you.

1 - post what you see related to your GUI HTTP Web access IP
2 - tell me here what you laptop / desktop IP address is including subnet/Gateway/DNS

« Last Edit: September 30, 2014, 06:29:50 am by pete »
[img width= height= alt=" width="250" height="52" class="bbc_img resized]http://forum.securifi.com/Themes/Firox_multicolor_by_SMFSimple/images/logo.png[/img]
Pete
Lockport, IL  USA

Offline zentrickster

• Backer
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2014, 09:00:17 pm »
If the local web UI doesn't load, please do a hard reset and it should work.

I'm really tired of doing hard resets.... and hoping I  will be able to connect to the "control panel" of the router....only to have time outs...

FWIW I have only ever been able to get to the CP  where I can flash the new software is by a wifi connection to to the router (which is connected via cable) and now the router won't update because it says I have the wrong version of R066....

In many years of dealing with software/hardware compatibility issues... the Almond + is possibly the most problematic I have ever encountered...

The uploaded firmware does not contain a supported format. Make sure you chose the generic image format for your platform

Seriously...  just  headaches....

Offline sorphin

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2014, 01:59:39 am »
I'm really tired of doing hard resets.... and hoping I  will be able to connect to the "control panel" of the router....only to have time outs...

FWIW I have only ever been able to get to the CP  where I can flash the new software is by a wifi connection to to the router (which is connected via cable) and now the router won't update because it says I have the wrong version of R066....

In many years of dealing with software/hardware compatibility issues... the Almond + is possibly the most problematic I have ever encountered...

The uploaded firmware does not contain a supported format. Make sure you chose the generic image format for your platform

Seriously...  just  headaches....

I'm honestly I'm surpised, since i've had 0 issues, as have quite a few others..

Offline zentrickster

• Backer
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2014, 08:36:36 pm »
When I ping from my desktop, it just times out..

When I ping via wireless from my laptop...

Its happy happy joy joy...

If I try to access the Almond via internet explorer at address 10.10.10.254.... it time out

I've tried this exercise after having disabled all virus protection and firewalls.... both on my pc and modem

Apparently its just my luck that I got the buggiest Almond released...

bad

LGNilsson

« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2014, 08:52:36 pm »
Have you contacted the support team so they can take a look at what's going on? If it's a faulty unit we'll replace it.

Offline zentrickster

• Backer
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2014, 09:17:03 pm »
Have you contacted the support team so they can take a look at what's going on? If it's a faulty unit we'll replace it.

So apparently the support team does not read the forums?

Excuse me? Since I mistakenly thought using the forums would expose the issues that I have with my POS would be seen by the Almond support team.....

I'd love for this device to work as described as posted on Kickstarter.... and all the updates telling me what a great device I would be getting......

It's not.

Its a buggy router that is hard to connect to, and needs frequent attention...

Do you see this support team?

« Last Edit: October 02, 2014, 09:23:28 pm by zentrickster »

LGNilsson

« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2014, 11:27:51 pm »
Yes, the support team reads the forum and they reply here too.
However, for replacements, you have to contact them as there's a certain procedure as with any company when it comes to replacements.

I might be mistaken, but I don't think we've said anywhere that the forum is our support channel. In the most recent Kickstarter update we specifically pointed out our support page in case or problems which contains the support team contact numbers where available, as well as the email address for our support team.

I'm sorry, but these things have to be done by the book, as we have a system in place for handling replacements and I hope it's not too much asking you to do this.

As we've tried to explain, you clearly have a faulty unit and we're more than willing to replace it, so please email [suspicious]support@securifi.com[/suspicious] and we'll get it replaced, but until you do, there isn't much we can do.

And no, I'm still not part of the support team.

Page created in 0.064 seconds with 21 queries.

bottleneck