bottleneck
Choose style:

Author Topic: Almond will not connect to internet  (Read 18796 times)

Offline billybob

• Acorn
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Almond will not connect to internet
« on: November 10, 2013, 09:37:19 pm »
I have tried to connect almond to my DSL model (Zyxel) and it finds it and connects, but tells me the internet is not available. When I reconnect my old router, the internet IS there, but Almond won't connect. What am I doing wrong? Or is something not compatible with my DSL modem?

In frustration I thought I'd instead just try it as a booster, but it won't connect either because of the "_almond" issue (see my other post). I'm about ready to send this thing back!

Offline Patrick Wilson

• Cashew
Re: Almond will not connect to internet
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2013, 12:07:17 am »
I have tried to connect almond to my DSL model (Zyxel) and it finds it and connects, but tells me the internet is not available. When I reconnect my old router, the internet IS there, but Almond won't connect. What am I doing wrong? Or is something not compatible with my DSL modem?

In frustration I thought I'd instead just try it as a booster, but it won't connect either because of the "_almond" issue (see my other post). I'm about ready to send this thing back!

Hi again Billybob...

Again you've provided very little information.  What is the Model# of the Zyxel?   Is it a straight DSL Modem,  or is it a DSL Modem/Router?   
How are you attempting to connect to the Almond to the Zyxel?   (Ethernet or Wi-Fi).

If you are trying to set it up as a "Range Extender",  then the WiFi settings need to be identcal on both devices. 

• SSID
  • Password
  • Security (I recommend WPA2/Personal)
  • Enxryption (I recommended AES)
  • Channel

Please see my previous reply to SSID change message for help with changing the SSID.

If you are attempting to setup your Almond as "Wireless Access Point",  then the settings can be different.  Please provide more information for us. 
« Last Edit: November 11, 2013, 10:14:28 pm by Patrick Wilson »
Patrick Wilson
Victoria, BC Canada

Offline billybob

• Acorn
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2013, 10:57:36 am »
I first was trying to use this as a range extender, then when that wouldn't work I thought I'd try it as the main modem (My current "Amped" wireless router has terrible range). Thus my two separate strings of questions.

Concerning using it as a Wireless Access Point, it is a Zyxel DSL modem only (P600 I believe, but i'm not home right now), which I connect to a wireless router via ethernet cable. It works connected to my "Amped" wireless router and it connects to the internet. When I try to replace it with the Almond (via Ethernet cable) it finds it but says internet is not connected. Have tried multiple times, rebooting Zyxel each time.

Offline Patrick Wilson

• Cashew
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2013, 10:23:37 pm »
I first was trying to use this as a range extender, then when that wouldn't work I thought I'd try it as the main modem (My current "Amped" wireless router has terrible range). Thus my two separate strings of questions.

Concerning using it as a Wireless Access Point, it is a Zyxel DSL modem only (P600 I believe, but i'm not home right now), which I connect to a wireless router via ethernet cable. It works connected to my "Amped" wireless router and it connects to the internet. When I try to replace it with the Almond (via Ethernet cable) it finds it but says internet is not connected. Have tried multiple times, rebooting Zyxel each time.

You might need to talk to your DSL Provider,  as your service may been tied to the MAC address of your Amped Router's WAN port.  If you want to swap out this Router in favour of your Almond,  it might require "registering" the MAC address of the WAN Port of the Almond with your service provider. 

You can access the MAC address of WAN Port on your Almond by looking at the Status screen on the TouchUI interface:

Simply provide this information if your DSL provider requests it.
Patrick Wilson
Victoria, BC Canada

Offline billybob

• Acorn
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2013, 09:49:11 pm »
It could be the provider, but I got it to work as a range extender, so I'm happy using it that way for now. Thanks!

Page created in 0.059 seconds with 17 queries.