bottleneck
Choose style:

Author Topic: Monoprice motion sensor working for anyone?  (Read 17187 times)

Offline rpr69

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Monoprice motion sensor working for anyone?
« on: September 26, 2014, 04:08:32 pm »
I have a Monoprice motion sensor, and I am trying to figure out if it's defective or not. The sensor pairs fine with the Almond+, but it very very rarely reports 'motion detected' (I've only seen it change state once}, and it says it supports a temperature sensor, but there is no temperature reported in DeviceList.xml or any of the GUI's. I assume the temperature issue on the Almond+ side, but if it's not going to alert me to *actual* movement, and the temperature is not reported (that would at least be a somewhat useful stat for me) then I don't see what the point is of using this sensor, and I'll have to see if I can return it to Monoprice.

LGNilsson

Re: Monoprice motion sensor working for anyone?
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2014, 12:34:05 am »
Did you upgrade the firmware to R066? http://forum.securifi.com/index.php/topic,1883.0.html
The sensors have a fairly long reset time between when they detect motion and go back to being able to detect again, I think it's 3 minutes. Longer term we should have an option where you can reduce this time from within one of our UI's, but I don't have a timeline for when this will be.

Prior to R066 we didn't support the temperature part, but it should be there in the LCD UI in R066, we just haven't had a chance to add support for multi-functional sensors in our other UI's.

As for notifications, from what I've been told, that should come to the Android app in about one to two weeks, we're a bit behind with the iOS app as we've had a few bugs we've had to solve with it first, but it'll come to the iOS app as well.

Offline mobelos

• Backer
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2014, 12:16:07 pm »
My sensor is connected but I am not getting any temp readings on any of the ui's with this sensor.  Batteries seem to die pretty fast too but not sure if the battery they gave with it was great to begin with but expected it to last longer than 4 weeks.

Offline rpr69

• Backer
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2014, 10:31:15 pm »
Did you upgrade the firmware to R066? http://forum.securifi.com/index.php/topic,1883.0.html
The sensors have a fairly long reset time between when they detect motion and go back to being able to detect again, I think it's 3 minutes. Longer term we should have an option where you can reduce this time from within one of our UI's, but I don't have a timeline for when this will be.

Prior to R066 we didn't support the temperature part, but it should be there in the LCD UI in R066, we just haven't had a chance to add support for multi-functional sensors in our other UI's.

As for notifications, from what I've been told, that should come to the Android app in about one to two weeks, we're a bit behind with the iOS app as we've had a few bugs we've had to solve with it first, but it'll come to the iOS app as well.

I am on R066. that would make sense if the delay is that long. I'm not seeing any temperature reading in the GUI or in DeviceList.xml, so I'm not sure what the problem is.

LGNilsson

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2014, 11:17:34 pm »
Interesting, I was told that the temperature support is there. Maybe it hasn't been added to the UI as yet, I'll have to check later.

The battery life is actually quite poor on these sensors as far as we've seen, although the manufacturer claims up to 8 years battery life...
I have one on my desk, although it's an older model without the temperature sensor and it's working just fine, it just takes a very long time to reset after it has detected motion.

Offline rpr69

• Backer
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2014, 11:14:39 am »
Mine could be an older one that doesn't have the temp sensor, I ordered it as soon as it was available from Monoprice. I ordered it in February, but the description does say 'w/ temperature sensor', so I'd assume that it should have it. Is there any way to tell?

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 17 queries.

bottleneck