Choose style:

Author Topic: Greetings from Texas!  (Read 4337 times)

Offline hiero

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Greetings from Texas!
« on: September 29, 2014, 11:36:12 am »
So it took me a while to finally open the box (didn't want to disrupt wifi in the house), but I finally got off my arse and installed my Almond+!  Adding the sensors and finding that the GE Link bulbs were so cheap and easily available near me made things even better! I did end up modifying a door sensor to work with my garage door using a neo magnet that I had, but it works like a charm and I'll never have to wonder if I accidentally left the door open any more.  :P
Hope to see more capabilities and ideas throughout this forum!

Offline pete

Re: Greetings from Texas!
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2014, 06:13:52 am »
Welcome to the Securifi Forum hiero!

Good news on your installation.

Let us know how it goes.
[img width= height= alt=" width="250" height="52" class="bbc_img resized]http://forum.securifi.com/Themes/Firox_multicolor_by_SMFSimple/images/logo.png[/img]
Pete
Lockport, IL  USA

Offline hiero

• Backer
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2014, 12:02:36 pm »
Looks like everything as far as installation has gone peachy thus far.  I did have a weird issue when I edited the IP address of the A+ on the touchscreen and then lost connection to everything downstream but it still said it was connected to internet (I'm using the A+ downstream of another router), but I reset everything and I'm going to keep working it so that I can have everything on both routers talk to each other. Probably just a network management issue that I messed up somewhere

Offline pete

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2014, 03:35:30 pm »
Sounds good and you are on your way to pleasant journey with the Almond +

Yup; here just been mostly doing the initial stuff; where as I just look at the information on the touch screen and historically have paired up the Zigbee / Z-Wave stuff after the network stuff.

My personal issues relate to my fingers (too big sometimes for tiny stuff and eyes too old sometimes); well that and the devices are sitting on top of a rack in the basement right now.

I then just go to the IP presented on the touchscreen from my laptop / desktop with a single network connection. 

There I then go to the main Nut OS GUI / OpenWRT GUI and configure my stuff (network IP, firewall stuff )

That is me though and your mileage may be different. 

I currently have the Almond + devices inside autonomously on their own networks and WAN wire connected to separate Intel Gb interfaces on the PFSense firewall. (multiple WAN / LAN NICs)
« Last Edit: October 01, 2014, 03:43:31 pm by pete »
[img width= height= alt=" width="250" height="52" class="bbc_img resized]http://forum.securifi.com/Themes/Firox_multicolor_by_SMFSimple/images/logo.png[/img]
Pete
Lockport, IL  USA

Page created in 0.06 seconds with 20 queries.