Choose style:

Author Topic: Internet Connection drops  (Read 4849 times)

Offline robh5791

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Internet Connection drops
« on: August 25, 2014, 07:33:32 pm »
I have been working in front of my Almond for a couple hours and had the Status screen on the LCD UI most of that time while I configured a few things. I stopped doing any changes a while ago and just noticed that the "Internet Connected" status icon goes from green to red and is no longer connected for just about a second to a max of 3 seconds. It immediately reconnects but it does not seem to cause any browsing issues but I am not sure if that is a known bug or not. I know there was mention of iOS drop off but this is literally on the LCD UI and not on any device. I am currently running the R064dv firmware in case this helps with determining a reason for this. The modem feeding the Almond is in bridge mode and is a Bonded DSL modem C2000T. The only real changes I made were setting up a few static IP's and getting a complete list of MAC Addresses for all my devices to better set up my network. This is after a complete factory restore last night after having port issues for the cloud service not connecting so all settings are essentially back to defaults except for the SSID's and passwords and the static IP's I mentioned earlier.

Offline icedlink

• Backer
Re: Internet Connection drops
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2014, 05:03:50 am »
I on the latest R065 software, and I also have the same issue, ( frequent internet connection drops ).

I'm wondering if its a isolated hardware issue.

Offline brewster

• Backer
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2014, 12:27:59 pm »
I have the same issue on both the original and new R065 firmware. It happened more frequently with the original firmware, towards then end roughly every 2:22 minutes WAN would drop. This was only an issue when the Almond+ was plugged directly into my Uverse modem. If I instead plug the Almond+ into my Buffalo router and then my Buffalo router into the Uverse modem the issue disappears.

Offline nsgnfcnt1

• Backer
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2014, 12:41:40 am »
Similar issue here. But for me WAN Port is fine if I watch the Status screen. My LAN Port 2 (where my desktop is connected, the only ethernet connection I have in my setup) is dropping frequently. Every few minutes but only for a few seconds (but generally more than 3... more like 10 seconds at a time). I'm running R064. Was working just fine this whole week since I got it; just experiencing these problems starting tonight.

Offline nsgnfcnt1

• Backer
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2014, 11:28:01 pm »
Allow me to correct my previous post. Just today I'm not having internet connection drops. My LAN Port 2 stays stable (at least from what I can tell by watching the Status screen on the device) and the Almond+ gives no indication of the WAN Port being down/disconnected, but both my desktop (hardwired into the Almond+) and my iPhone didn't have access to the intertubes at the same time. Could have been a glitch with Comcast but that almost never happens (seriously, I hate Comcast, but at least it's stable).

Offline zyren

• Backer
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2014, 09:22:36 pm »
I dunno if this is related, but I would be using my computer and the connection would drop permanently. I went to the router and wiggled the wire and the connection came back. It seems like the physical connection is pretty poor and doesnt "lock." I can put the wire and it will physically disconnect without even toughing the latch thats supposed to hold it in place. I am concerned this could lead to connections dropping frequently.

Amritendu

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2014, 11:16:33 pm »
@zyren, the WAN/LAN ports of the Almond+ are kind of tighter than usual. If you use the included LAN cable or any other cable that does not have a rubber sleeve (or just push the sleeve back and then connect it) it should be fine. Also the trick here is to push the cable in until you hear a first small click and then followed by a louder click. Its something we noticed quite late but this "two click" process works just fine for all.

Offline nsgnfcnt1

• Backer
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2014, 11:09:05 pm »
Following up on my last posts. Just verified that when I lose the internet connection on the Almond+ I lose it for both wireless and wired devices. When the connection is dropped the GUI on the Almond+ shows that the LAN ports are disconnected but the WAN port is connected. It also continues to show that "Internet connected" (green checkmark) on the status screen. Which it ain't.  In the span of typing this it's dropped a few times, coming back after random intervals, the whole while cheerfully saying "Internet connected." I went through the diags screen and it said everything was A-OK so I guess it's having problems on the LAN side, not the WAN side.     >:(

Offline nsgnfcnt1

• Backer
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2014, 11:05:05 pm »
Following up on Zyren's post above. I agree. I tested it out and in fact if I wiggle the ethernet cable between my desktop and the Almond+ it will drop. I used to think it was the act of plugging in another ethernet cable that caused it but now I see it's the fact that I move the Almond+ around which moves the cable. Seems like a short or something.

Page created in 0.059 seconds with 18 queries.

bottleneck