Choose style:

Author Topic: IP conflict  (Read 2918 times)

Offline JanRemco

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
IP conflict
« on: September 27, 2014, 07:21:14 am »
After working fine for several days in AP-mode with the securifi, this morning suddenly i could no longer connect to the internet.
My Netgear NAS started sending me mails every minute with:

MAC address **:**:**:**:**:** claims to have our IP address (192.168.0.100) (duplicate IP conflict likely).

Changing the Almond back to Router fixed this, but this is not ideal, i no longer can see my nas and several other devices in my network (not directly connected to my Almond+.

Does the almond use that IP address when in AP Mode? And how do I change this?

LGNilsson

Re: IP conflict
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2014, 07:31:18 am »
When the Almond+ is in AP mode, it's assigned an IP address by the main router.
It's not possible to assign a static IP on the Almond+, but you can use static DHCP reservations on your main router to make sure the Almond+ always gets the same IP address.

Offline sorphin

• Backer
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2014, 07:44:36 am »
The 192.168.0.xxx addresses tend to be given out by cable modems. I'm not sure what your setup is over there.. but usually you have some other sort of device acting as your router/dhcp server (since it seems the A+ isn't in this case).. If you do have another device, then it appears that the dhcp server on that device isn't giving out addresses and so the cablemodem took over.  If you could give more details about your current setup, that would give me a clearer picture of the best approach. (I'm don't work for securifi, i'm just a network guy)

Offline JanRemco

• Backer
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2014, 04:04:24 pm »
Thanx, I suppose the problem is my other switch.

Changing the Almond+ to Router and then back to AP mode did not recreate the same problem. So for now it is working fine.

Page created in 0.057 seconds with 21 queries.

bottleneck