Choose style:

Author Topic: Unable to control (ON/OFF) z-wave devices  (Read 6738 times)

Offline engr.jpc

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Unable to control (ON/OFF) z-wave devices
« on: July 12, 2015, 02:44:26 am »
I've been having issues with my z-wave devices for few days now. I can't control them in any UI for some reason. My zigbee devices are working fine though. I have to reboot my A+ to be able to control the z-wave devices again... sometimes they will only work for an hour so I have to reboot the A+ again.

I notice that the rules to turn on other z-wave devices are still working when I found out that I can't control other device I want to turn on/off manually. The problem is when other devices were turned on by the rules they will stay on and will not turn off until I reboot the A+. I've already reset it to factory default but it didn't fix the issue. Btw, my A+ has R80.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2015, 09:34:30 am by engr.jpc »

Offline Ashok

• Securifi Staff
Re: Unable to control (ON/OFF) z-wave devices
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2015, 09:23:20 am »
@ engr.jpc,

That's a bit strange, could you please hit send log files and mention the description as "Z-wave is working only after reboot". Please do make sure that you send the logs when the issue is happening, so that I could check with our team and get back to you with a proper solution.

Offline engr.jpc

• Backer
Re: Unable to control (ON/OFF) z-wave devices
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2015, 01:46:42 pm »
@ Ashok

It did happen again last night. I tried sending the log around 9:30-9:45 MST but once I tap the "Enter Description" the attached picture is showing up for 2-3 seconds then disappears... I'm not able to enter the description because the line where I'm supposed to type is disappearing after 2-3 seconds.

I just realized that the issue is starting to happen at night when my rules I made for lights to turn on (connected to z-wave plug-in on/off devices) if motion is detected have been triggered. I set my rules to start at 9:30pm and end at 11:55pm. The issue is happening between that time I believe.... that's when I have to reboot my A+.

Another issue that I was meaning to report is when I added a new sensor and want to rename it using LCD UI, my A+ is freezing up even before I even finish typing the new name. I experienced this issue several times... I just actually added 2 new z-wave sensors and when I attempted to rename them via LCD UI the A+ froze and had to reboot it each time. When A+ comes back the new name was not saved so I have to do it in web UI.

Page created in 0.069 seconds with 25 queries.

bottleneck