bottleneck
Choose style:

Author Topic: Almond+ DRF2619A RS485 to Zigbee Wireless Module Pairing  (Read 6875 times)

Offline Ab

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Almond+ DRF2619A RS485 to Zigbee Wireless Module Pairing
« on: September 28, 2014, 04:20:43 pm »
I have the DRF2619A RS485 to Zigbee Wireless Module https://www.fasttech.com/products/1265600 and have it connected to my Alarm system. The module is powered up ... however I haven't been able to pair it. with my Almond+ as it doesn't seem to see this module. When I add sensor, Almond plus prompts me to hit the "Pair" button on the device with no response thereafter.

Does the module need to be reconfigured as a End Device, currently it is in the default "Coordinator" setup or must I setup the PAN ID to something specific so that the Almond+ will see this module?

Can I add this manually to the Almond+, if so can you point me i the right direction?

thanks

LGNilsson

Re: Almond+ DRF2619A RS485 to Zigbee Wireless Module Pairing
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2014, 01:06:06 am »
ZigBee is a bit tricky, since we need to actually add support for the device to start with and for something like that, I'm not even sure where we'd start.
It would have to be an end device for sure, but even so, I doubt it'll pair since we currently don't have support for random devices, unlike with Z-Wave where you at least get a basic UI on the LCD screen.

Offline Ab

• Backer
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2014, 10:07:33 pm »
Lars,

I was hoping for something more positive since you pointed us toward this module  :'( No sweat! time to experiment I guess.. if you can point me towards any zigbee resources that can help, that would be a good start.

Any likelihood of support in the future?

Thanks

LGNilsson

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2014, 01:02:44 am »
Sorry about that, although I don't think I ever explicitly said it was supported, my bad.

I'm sure it's something we can add down the line, but the problem would be to create a UI that makes sense on our side, if it needs one.

Offline Ab

• Backer
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2014, 09:24:06 am »
We'd love to have an alarm interface, so I'm looking forward to any support that you can build in eventually.

I would assume the UI would be common to all alarm systems and with each connected device (door/window etc.) is listed. Alternatively, if we can keep it simple with just a alarm status monitor with the ability to send notifications/emails. This would be an ideal starting point which can then be a platform to grow from.

« Last Edit: October 02, 2014, 09:41:03 am by agargye »

Page created in 0.052 seconds with 18 queries.