bottleneck
Choose style:

Author Topic: I can't access my camera attached to the Almond  (Read 10569 times)

Offline dsmiley

• Acorn
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
I can't access my camera attached to the Almond
« on: November 16, 2013, 05:39:40 pm »
I have 3 net cameras and they are all the same except one which no longer works on wifi.  It does work fine wired.  Because I have three, I have assigned them ports.  The two wireless units work fine within my network and also on the internet.  The wired unit is connected to the Almond and I can access it fine within my network but not outside.  All three cameras are set up identically with the exception that one is wired.  Do you have any ideas why I can’t access the wired camera through the internet?
The router is a D-Link DIR-645 running without security but with MAC filtering.  I have allowed the almond and camera’s MAC addresses and they are assigned reserved IP’s.  Thanks.

Dean

Offline dsmiley

• Acorn
Re: I can't access my camera attached to the Almond - MORE INFO
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2013, 04:40:32 am »
I have 3 net cameras and they are all the same except one which no longer works on wifi.  It does work fine wired.  Because I have three, I have assigned them ports.  The two wireless units work fine within my network and also on the internet.  The wired unit is connected to the Almond and I can access it fine within my network but not outside.  All three cameras are set up identically with the exception that one is wired.  Do you have any ideas why I can’t access the wired camera through the internet?
The router is a D-Link DIR-645 running without security but with MAC filtering.  I have allowed the Almond and camera’s MAC addresses and they are assigned reserved IP’s.  Thanks.

Dean

I forgot to mention that if I connect the wired camera directly to the DIR-645 I can access it from the internet with no problem.  It's only a problem when attached to the Almond.

Offline dsmiley

• Acorn
Re: I can't access my camera attached to the Almond - EVEN MORE INFO
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2013, 07:30:15 am »
I forgot to mention that if I connect the wired camera directly to the DIR-645 I can access it from the internet with no problem.  It's only a problem when attached to the Almond.

I discovered that if I turned the MAC filtering off in the DIR-645 I can access the wired camera connected to the Almond from the internet.  So it seems - with MAC filtering applied I can access the camera via the Almond within my network but not the internet.  With MAC filtering off I can access  the camera via the Almond within my network and the internet. 
One more thing, I found that I couldn't set up the Almond with MAC filtering on even though it's address was allowed.  As soon as I turned the filtering off it would connect to my router.

Dean

Offline dsmiley

• Acorn
Re: I can't access my camera attached to the Almond - SOLVED
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2013, 09:26:56 am »
While surfing the net looking for information on the Almond, something that might help me with my problem, I found a review of the unit that indicated that the Almond can be accessed using a web browser.  How would I know this?  I tried that and found under the menu item “Status” that the unit has a wifi MAC, a LAN MAC, and a WAN MAC address.  If you look at “Status” using the touch screen while in Range Extender mode you will see only 2 of these 3; the WAN MAC is not there.  Since I didn’t know there was one it was not entered into my allowed MAC filtering addresses in my router.  As soon as I entered the WAN MAC into my MAC filter my problems went away.
This brings me to my only complaint with the Almond and that is the lack of documentation.  The “Help” screen doesn’t really help and there is no manual, either hard copy or on the Sucurifi website.  Yes, it is almost plug and play, but it is not there for everyone.  And yes, I could call the help desk but I shouldn't have to.  With documentation  (that might have helped me with this problem) you would have the complete package.  It is a great product.

Dean

LGNilsson

Re: I can't access my camera attached to the Almond
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2013, 10:36:53 am »
Hi Dean,

I guess we've taken a few things for granted.
We'll have a step by step guide for the touch screen coming shortly, but as for a full manual, it's something that's going to take a while to do, but it's something we've realized is needed.
Glad to hear you managed to get things working in the end, despite the lack of help here, but I didn't have time to help out over the weekend.

Page created in 0.061 seconds with 20 queries.