Choose style:

Author Topic: Almond + very poor performance - do you think so as well ?  (Read 10105 times)

Offline joltdude

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Almond + very poor performance - do you think so as well ?
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2014, 08:47:23 am »
zentrickster, did I not tell you to contact support so we can replace yours?

Coolcatiger, sorry to hear about your problems and I'll have a look see why the support team hasn't replaced yours already.

Do we have some issues? Yes, are we working on trying to fix them? If course we are, but please understand that some these things takes time for us to debug and fix. We expect to have most of the issues solved within the next two firmware updates. The problem is that we didn't run into any of these issues before we shipped and now we're doing our very best to get things fixed, but it's not something that takes five minutes to fix. Please keep in mind that we're a relatively small company of only about 40 employees in total, with about half being our software team. We're not Netgear or Linksys, we don't have their kind of resources and in as much as I understand how frustrating it is to have a poorly working router, it's not as if we're sitting idly and doing nothing about the issues.

People don't get that when they are "First Adopters" of a technology product.. there are a lot of variables that can't be accounted for in testing... that only rear their ugly head when devices go into the field and get into consumers hands.. Kickstarter/Indiegogo really aren't a store for finished goods.. Many times devices are shipped in a ... it works pretty good state where it runs acceptably under most conditions... knowing there might be some kinks that need to be worked out, but it should be fixable in software.. Plus KS backers whine the later you ship a product... its a balancing act between shipping it too early and its unusable, shipping it slightly late and it works for most, or shipping it extremely late and people start attacking you and wanting refunds that you already spent the funding on production.. and that still does NOT guarantee folks will not have issues in real life. Some crowdsourced hardware projects are simple enough that its pretty good that it will work out of the box but add a processor and computing power or an embedded system.. and all bets are off..
« Last Edit: October 07, 2014, 08:51:29 am by joltdude »

Offline joltdude

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Almond + very poor performance - do you think so as well ?
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2014, 09:03:56 am »
Thanks for sharing your experience.

At this point i really don't care about additional features. I plan to use Almond+ in AP mode.  The basic WIFI is broken.

I am just not understanding why Securifi is hesitating to replace my device.

Because its software issues not hardware... And the wireless component/driver is what is called a closed source/proprietary component that only the wireless chip maker is privy to... This is the normal course of business for routers.. The business end of the wifi usually is NOT in control of the router vendor.. Router manufacturers are limited in what they are allowed to see/access from the wireless driver... they have to get it fixed by the chipset vendor and it comes back as what is called a "binary blob"... or as a plug-in..  they arent allowed to modify it, they have to use it as-is.... Broadcomm is notorious for this as well as other wifi vendors.. This also goes for many video cards.. they dont want securifi to know "whats under the hood"...
but they are allowed to transact through it...

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 20 queries.

bottleneck