Choose style:

Author Topic: Tampered Status Highlighted  (Read 4538 times)

Offline fillibar

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Tampered Status Highlighted
« on: August 23, 2014, 03:44:21 pm »
I like that the Almond+ and the app (thanks to the recent update) can show if a sensor has a tamper notification. But the tampered warning and reset are in the sensor's menu. I would think tampered should be highlighted on the initial status screen, bold, and "red". Reset can be in the menu but I want to know about it right away. Even though I likely caused it, on the off chance I did not, I would want to know and I think others would also.
Almond 3 mesh handling the home.

LGNilsson

Re: Tampered Status Highlighted
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2014, 09:11:02 pm »
We'll be adding notifications by early next month, so if something was tampered, you'd get a notification just like from any other app on your phone. I think this would pretty much address your issue, no?

Offline fillibar

• Backer
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2014, 10:26:55 am »
It would help, yes. But the idea was for the status page. Plus a notification is a one-off event whereas the sensor page would be until I dealt with it. It would not be dismissed in a slew of notifications potentially.

LGNilsson

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2014, 01:04:08 am »
Oh, I see, you want the tamper button to appear without having to open the settings menu.
I'll discuss some solution for this with the software team, maybe we can light up the right (larger) part of the sensor field to highlight this or something similar.

Offline Blueiris8

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2014, 06:31:32 am »
I don't he wants the tamper button to appear with without the opening the menu.  I think it about some way of quickly identified if and which one of the sensors have been tampered with.  It could be as simple as highlighting tampered sensor in a different color or adding some very obvious icon to the title or anything that screams "tampered with" when you are looking at your list of sensors.   No issues with having to open the menu to close the tampered notification.

Offline Automate

• Backer
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2014, 11:48:30 am »
This indication the sensor is not in a normal state could also be used for sensors with a low battery.

Offline Blueiris8

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2014, 01:35:12 pm »
They already have a low battery notification in the list view.

Offline fillibar

• Backer
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2014, 12:13:57 am »
Sorry, forgot to check back on this thread. Yes, Blueiris8 has it right. Putting "Tampered" right in the sensor's main bar is key possibly highlighting it is purely bonus at that point but would make it easier to visualize sensors in a bad state. In fact it would be excellent if that idea could be extended:
  1) User customizable "alert" conditions for sensors. Ex: Any time a leak sensor is triggered, it would be in the "alert" state, or when my door sensor is open between the hours of X and Y or the alarms are set on by the key fob, or when motion is detected under similar circumstances.
  2) Alert method is user customizable. Maybe notification. Maybe by highlighting the the sensor's bar a color. Maybe moving that sensor up the list to be more noticeable.
  3) Alert priorities. Set which ones take precedence. Ex: Maybe you care more about the fire alarm than the door being opened (to get out) in the middle of the night.

LGNilsson

« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2014, 10:31:21 pm »
We should have improvements for this coming in the next version of the app or two. We've redesigned the UI to make all of this more obvious.

Offline fillibar

• Backer
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2014, 01:52:41 pm »
Excellent. I look forward to seeing it.

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 17 queries.