Choose style:

Author Topic: OpenWRT G2 QoS  (Read 15874 times)

Offline brycied00d

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: OpenWRT G2 QoS
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2015, 04:12:21 pm »
If they can get router functions down. Why don't they open it up to run dd-wrt

When this question has come up in the past, along with "Why are you running such an old version of OpenWrt", the answer is that it's what their SOC vendor supports (provides). They're hamstrung by the SOC (system-on-chip, the processor that's at the core of the Almond+) vendor not providing better low-level support.

Offline mr23

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2015, 08:27:48 pm »
When this question has come up in the past, along with "Why are you running such an old version of OpenWrt", the answer is that it's what their SOC vendor supports (provides). They're hamstrung by the SOC (system-on-chip, the processor that's at the core of the Almond+) vendor not providing better low-level support.

Rumor has it there is a newer release of sw (3.4.x) for the chipset, but the Realtek manufacturer dissuaded Securifi against updating, and a newer WRT would be a large investment for Securifi to make. I would agree that other [promised] items should be prioritized higher.

Offline Karin

• Backer
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2015, 02:56:05 pm »
I hope no one minds me bumping this old post, but it seemed the most relevant place to ask.

Since it's been 6 months I think since we last heard, what is the development priority / status on QoS on the Almond+?

The hardware is great, but this router functionality would go a long way to making the software one of the best too with all the features we already have.

Thanks in advance!

Offline greggerca

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2016, 11:30:07 pm »
Here's something I've figured out... G2 QoS for "WAN" affects your LAN throughput.
I doubt the way I had to configure it now helps prioritize VoIP WAN traffic...

I've been trying to diagnose a throughput problem to a file server / backup server... and I do NOT have LAN QoS enabled.
Anyhow, I disabled WAN QoS temporarily, and a large file transfer throughput went from a very steady 780 kB/s to 15 MB/s.

So, the problem now is... what happens to the VoIP stuff?

The only way I was able to keep QoS for WAN enabled was to adjust the Up / Down numbers to 1000000 (1Gbps basically), then set SP streams for different classes of traffic. I made a special "1000000" kbps rule between 2 file-share type computers (their MAC or IP address TO and FROM Any).

The other ones are below the Comcast up and down speeds.

Whatever.

Offline lucasrangit

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2016, 01:48:52 pm »
I would like to vote for adding QoS support in some form for VoIP calls. I imagine VoIP and video chat are more common with customer who live in smart homes. For example, I do not have a phone line and instead use my cell phone or the T-Mobile Wi-Fi calling feature. However, when streaming Netflix or downloading from another computer, my Wi-Fi calling drops due to insufficient bandwitdh. QoS would solve this problem. Please consider polling your customer base for how many of us use voice/video streaming at home. Thanks.

Offline Karin

• Backer
« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2016, 01:00:37 pm »
Any hope for the long-promised QoS capabilities?

Page created in 0.056 seconds with 17 queries.

bottleneck