Choose style:

Author Topic: Strange Behavior Since R070 Update  (Read 3644 times)

Offline Deleted

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Strange Behavior Since R070 Update
« on: February 14, 2015, 06:45:12 pm »
I saw some strange behavior since I updated to R070.  Here is what I observed:
1. I updated to R070.  Everything looked fine on the A+.  The app though reported all the sensors as if they were unknown devices.  I tried rebooting my phone, etc.  I finally figured out that toggling the wall switches and dimmers or triggering the motion sensors fixed everything.
2.  Today I installed another sensor.  Please note the following.
      A.  This was the 13th sensor I added.   On the A+ it forces a new page to display all the sensors
      B.  The sensor was a Leviton DZS15 wall switch that is currently "Unsupported"
      C.  No sensors showed up on the app.  In order to recover I had to:
            1. Remove the Leviton DZS15
            2. Remove and then add another sensor
      D.  After doing the above recovery, all the sensor showed up in the app.  But none were "valid" until I toggled them on the A+

Thoughts?

Offline Deleted

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Strange Behavior Since R070 Update
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2015, 07:08:46 pm »
I had an extra PIR sensor.  Added it with no problem.  Did notice something intresting; the newly added sensor was displaying battery percentage (the one that was added before the upgrade did not).  I reinstalled the old sensor and now both are displaying battery percentage.  The status and reporting on the A+ UI has remained constant.

LGNilsson

Re: Strange Behavior Since R070 Update
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2015, 10:49:43 pm »
Not sure what's going on with the app, but I've passed this on to our software team.
As for the battery percentage, this is something that wasn't supported early on and it's not possible for us to know what features a sensor supports after it has already been added and we release a new firmware that brings more features. As such, you'd have to remove and add the sensor to get additional features that have been added.

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 17 queries.