Choose style:

Author Topic: Foctionality : Voice controlling and web remote  (Read 5706 times)

Offline Talard

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Foctionality : Voice controlling and web remote
« on: November 22, 2013, 06:07:47 am »
Hello Securify and all backers,

I want to know if the almond+ wil allow to use any voice control or any way to do it (like uste google voice regognition on androit to send the command to the almond).

In a same way of offering us an easy way to create senarios, will the almond+  allow us to create web personalised remote (exemple : create a page that will control all moduls for a media center activity or only for security part...etc compatible with any web divice)

By the way i'm french so all apologys if everything is not in good english! :-P
Thx for reply
« Last Edit: November 28, 2013, 02:39:40 am by Talard »

LGNilsson

Re: Foctionality : Voice controlling and web remote
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2013, 08:09:38 am »
Hi Talard,

We have talked about voice command, but it hasn't gotten any further than that. It might be possible to add it via our mobiles apps in the future.

I'm not sure I follow the second question, but at least initially, I don't believe we'll be offering support to interact with web devices via either of our UI's. Please feel free to expand on this in more detail.

Offline Mike

• Backer
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2013, 02:06:51 pm »
I think he is referring to customizable views in the webgui from the almond. A status page with some sensor data, status of devices, buttons that manually trigger or adjust certain scenarios. All customizable,  a page for lighting, security, outdoor, etc.
I would use it if it is available. If it can be done in the app thats OK too, but it would be a great easy acces solution for (cheap) wallmounted tablets or any web enabled device. maybe even smart tvs? Im not a big fan, but it could open up even more interaction there as well.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2013, 02:17:35 pm by Mike »

LGNilsson

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2013, 11:26:32 pm »
It'll be available in the mobile apps, but we're still working on the web UI for home automation, so I'm not entirely sure what the final version will look like. And regardless of that, this might be something we can do over time if there's enough demand for it.

Offline Talard

• Backer
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2013, 03:44:41 am »
Hello Mike, Lars. Thanks for replies,

Mike, you got it!
I think he is referring to customizable views in the webgui from the almond. A status page with some sensor data, status of devices, buttons that manually trigger or adjust certain scenarios. All customizable,  a page for lighting, security, outdoor, etc.
If we can create customizable views in the webgui with some buttons (to control devices/sensors), status....It would allow to use almoste any  devices, that have a wifi/Ethernet connction, as a controller .  In my case i would use it in put some cheap screen in important rooms with only few buttons. An easy  access for my girlfriend or anyone to run a senario useful for this room. I can even imagine to start a senario by scanning a QRcode more appropriate for general command like "I'm back home", put on lights, TV ...

LGNilsson

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2013, 04:30:42 am »
Our plan is to offer a fair level of support for home automation devices via the web UI, so no worries. However, I don't know what kind of support there will be for interacting with other types of devices at this point in time, but we'll be posting updates of the UI at Kickstarter and maybe even here in the forums as things are progressing.
Keep in mind that the Almond+ will have features added after release and if there's a good reason to implement support for something, we'll do our best to do so.
We can actually already generate QR codes, but they're for a slightly different purpose right now that will become clear later.

Page created in 0.074 seconds with 21 queries.

bottleneck