Choose style:

Author Topic: Port forwarding ranges does not work and the wiki is completely wrong.  (Read 3380 times)

Offline Halaster

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Hey there, what do I need to do to actually open forwarding on ranges of port ?

The directions for port forwarding listed on the Almond+ Wiki are wrong in multiple places.

First it says to enter a dash to do ranges, but the actual UI does not allow that at all. It gives the error message, "Only numerical values are allowed in external port number".
That prevents doing ranges.

In addition to not allowing ranges, there appears to be no way to select "To any router ip". Putting in ANY or * does not work.

The wiki also says that internal ports will be automatically filled in, and this is incorrect as well.

The entire UI is different in the WIki versus what the current UI is in the Almond+ running the latest build.

LGNilsson

Re: Port forwarding ranges does not work and the wiki is completely wrong.
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2014, 12:13:57 am »
Right, I'll have to test this, thanks for the heads up and I'll also take this up with the software team, as I don't understand why they've done these changes, that just seems stupid.

LGNilsson

Re: Port forwarding ranges does not work and the wiki is completely wrong.
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2014, 06:24:13 am »
Ok, I've had a look and you're indeed right, I've reported the lack or port range support to the software team, as this is just sloppy on their behalf. For the time being, you can go into OpenWRT, click on Network to bring down a pull-down menu, mouse over Firewall and then click on Port Forwards. You can enter port ranges here. You can also leave the Internal IP address field empty here and it should port forward to all devices in your network, but that's not normally how you do a port forward.

I'm not sure why some of these things were changed, but I'll be following up with the software team next week.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2014, 06:32:05 am by Lars »

Page created in 0.061 seconds with 21 queries.