bottleneck
Choose style:

Author Topic: Firmware R067  (Read 18564 times)

Offline torben

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Firmware R067
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2014, 08:48:09 am »
Hi,

I am agreeing that the new drivers would have been much more important. My network has been instable since I introduced the Almond+ APs. Just providing plain wireless connectivity is the most important feature of an AP - range extension really comes later. Why would anyone want to extend something that is not even working with a basic range?

Since I cannot wait any longer I have now replaced the Almonds by two different APs and all my problems have vanished. What a waste of time waiting! Anyone in Germany interested in one black and one red Almond+?

Disappointed! Wrong priorities in my eyes!
Torben

Offline SCUZNUTS

• Backer
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2014, 06:26:41 pm »
I feel like I should say I paid for an insanely cheap device capable of doing great things.
I'm looking forward to all future firmware upgrades when they are ready.
I use the almond+ as an access point and home automation, for just these two areas its a great buy and can't wait till the
New features and kinks get worked out.

LGNilsson

« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2014, 04:47:17 am »
So what we've decided to do this time around is to release two firmware versions.
R067 which won't include the new Wi-Fi drivers, but all other fixes and improvements.
R067 something beta which will include the new drivers, all the other fixes and improvements, but not the range extender option.
Both firmwares should be released this week.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2014, 05:50:51 am by Lars »

Offline teuna

• Peanut
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2014, 09:47:56 am »
Hi Lars & Torben,

I just would like to know if there's a difference between Germany and France regarding Frequencies. i guess there isn't. 

@ Torben : what price would you sell'em ?
@ Lars : if i buy Torben's routers, would i have the same support as if i'd be a backer ?

NAt

LGNilsson

« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2014, 09:51:07 am »
No difference and sure, we don't discriminate in any way like that, if you have a product, you have a product.

Offline AshTR

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2014, 07:18:59 pm »
R067 something beta which will include the new drivers, all the other fixes and improvements, but not the range extender option.

Is this the only big known issue that will be a problem in said beta? Because I don't use the range extender, so this sounds like the better option.

LGNilsson

« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2014, 09:53:54 pm »
Yes, it'll be the only difference between the two firmwares as far as I'm aware.

Offline macmaniac

• Backer
« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2014, 01:41:19 am »
Very much looking forward to R67 but mainly as I'm hoping homeautomation capabilities will be imprived.

I do not have any other problems with my Almond+ - everything works perfectly fine here (thought that needs to be said every once in a while). Networks (both 2,5GHz and 5GHz) seem to work reliably and fast.

Only thing currently missing (for me) is homeautomation; I'm using "Homee" instead right now but it's just for testing purposes so it'd be fine if Almond+ would soon be able to carry out this task.

And one last thing: Although I also wished quicker FW updates I do appreciate that you do not release any FW that's simply not ready just to be releasing one.
Editor in Chief at www.macmaniacs.at

LGNilsson

« Reply #23 on: November 04, 2014, 02:56:42 am »
The automation will not be there in R067, but we should have something ready in R068.
Notifications is coming in R067 though, but it'll require an updated app, so in as much as it'll be part of the firmware, it'll take a little while before everyone can use it, as we need to get the new apps finished and approved by Google and Apple. To be honest, I don't know how close the iOS app is to have notifications ready, but the Android app is nearly done.

LGNilsson

« Reply #24 on: November 04, 2014, 10:03:22 am »
Sorry guys, it looks like for some reason the garbled data fix was NOT implemented in R067 and trust me, I'm not happy about this as I was promised it'd be there  >:(
It should be in the Beta release coming later this week though.

Offline sablesg

• Backer
« Reply #25 on: November 04, 2014, 11:27:48 am »
Uh oh...
Could we please have a description of which upgrade path to take, if you depend on certain critical features.
I.e. for people with garbled data, upgrade to R067a, for people who want wireless extender, R067b.. etc.

I'm a little confused as to how many R067 versions there will be, and which would be the right one  :-\

Thanks!

LGNilsson

« Reply #26 on: November 04, 2014, 11:31:10 am »
There will only be two public releases, I just don't know exactly what the beta version will be called right now, so we'll have to wait and see.

Offline sablesg

• Backer
« Reply #27 on: November 04, 2014, 11:38:25 am »
OK so for garbled data issue, I shouldn't use the current R67 release, yes?
I'll wait then  ;D

Offline vansens

• Backer
« Reply #28 on: November 04, 2014, 01:02:21 pm »
The automation will not be there in R067, but we should have something ready in R068.

That's pretty sad. I was really hoping for *something* in R67. Any ETA for R68 at all?

LGNilsson

« Reply #29 on: November 04, 2014, 07:46:02 pm »
As I've posted elsewhere, we've just started testing automation internally and it needs a bit of work. The code works though, but they UI is very crude right now.

Page created in 0.06 seconds with 18 queries.

bottleneck