Choose style:

Author Topic: Anyone else experiencing mystery reboots?  (Read 5111 times)

Offline RFHartzell

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Anyone else experiencing mystery reboots?
« on: October 15, 2014, 05:23:04 pm »
I'm currently using 2 Almond+s in my NYC apartment, one as my main router -- connected to a Motorola SB6121 cable modem -- and another, beta unit, as a range extender/wireless bridge cabled to a first-gen TiVo Premiere.  Both are running R066.  For the record, I'm also using a first-gen Almond as a range extender in the same room as the Almond+ beta unit.

Today my Almond+ router rebooted itself twice without any instructions or contact from me.

Anyone else experiencing this misbehavior?

Offline rpr69

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Anyone else experiencing mystery reboots?
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2014, 02:25:39 pm »
I believe I am as well. Yesterday my son was complaining that the WiFi on his tablet wasn't working. I looked at it, and it was showing 5 bars (we were only 3 feet from the Almond+) but the Internet was not available. I tried my phone via WiFi and it worked, and when I looked at the Almond+, the screen looked like it had just finished booting and was in the process of turning off, so it seems that it did reboot. I didn't think too much of it at the time, but I think I'll setup some monitoring to see if it's doing it a lot.

Offline RFHartzell

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2014, 02:56:12 pm »
Thanks, rpr69.  I've returned to this post because my Almond+ just rebooted itself yet again.  (Three times in the last 24 hours seems a little alarming.)

Just wondering how you intend to set up monitoring to know about any reboots that may occur when no one is logged in.

RFHartzell

Offline rpr69

• Backer
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2014, 09:43:01 pm »
I have setup an email relay through my main home server, so I have it set to send an email during the boot sequence. Just while I was sitting here this evening I happened to catch it reboot at least twice in a row just out of the corner of my eye. I'll catch any future reboots through the monitor.

I just realized I can check my data logging for gaps. Using that, it looks like it has rebooted 59 times in 22 days. I'll guess that 5 of those were planned, so say 54 times, which is about 54 times too many, in my opinion.

I'm guessing it is heat related, but that's just a guess. Can someone from Securifi comment on this?

LGNilsson

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2014, 10:28:20 pm »
Well, there's another long thread about this issue.
We're aware of it, we just haven't been able to find a solution as yet.
It's not heat related at all, that's all I can say for certain.
At this point I'd suggest contacting our support team and ask for a replacement though.

Offline rpr69

• Backer
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2014, 09:05:36 pm »
Interestingly, since I've posted this I haven't had any reboots, whereas I was averaging 2 a day before. I'll keep an eye on it, but it seems to be more stable for some reason.

Offline RGloverii

• Backer
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2014, 02:57:47 pm »
How are you validating that a reboot has occurred?  Are you going by the uptime stated on the web interface?

Offline rpr69

• Backer
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2014, 03:20:31 pm »
Two ways, first I have the Almond+ setup to email me if it reboots, and secondly by running the uptime command manually.

Page created in 0.075 seconds with 18 queries.

bottleneck