Choose style:

Author Topic: Everspring Z-Wave sensors  (Read 7724 times)

LGNilsson

Everspring Z-Wave sensors
« on: November 13, 2014, 06:21:21 am »
As some of you're aware, we've been having some issues some of Eversprings Z-Wave sensors and I've tried to get them to help us with the issue, but apparently they're unable to provide us any kind of support to solve these problems. As such, I'm afraid that we're not going to claim support for any Everspring Z-Wav e sensors. We're not going to remove support for anything, but please don't expect things to improve either. I'm sorry about this, but there's little we can do in this case.

Offline teuna

• Peanut
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Everspring Z-Wave sensors
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2014, 09:19:50 am »
Hi Lars,

It's a shame as it's one of the most popular brand in Europe.
What i can tell is that they do have bugs with other boxes, i remember finding that out while browsing automation websites.
What kind of bug did you encounter ? Can you specify ?

NAt

LGNilsson

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2014, 10:09:54 am »
Basic things like their on/off switches with power monitoring and plug in dimmers work just fine. Same goes for the door sensor and the flood sensor.
What we couldn't get working reliably was the temperature/humidity sensor and lux meter, as we could only get readings from them once. We also had problems with a ceiling mounted PIR sensor.
I will be making notes on the Wiki about these sensors, as we simply can't recommend anyone buying them. One of our new team members had started looking at the in-wall dimmer or on/off sensor, not sure and it had similar problems, it would only update once and that was it. I sent them a dozen or so emails and I was simply told that they don't have the resources to help us solve this and it's up to us to fix it. As such, I simply can't recommend their sensors.

Offline sfalc

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2014, 04:12:51 pm »
That is too bad,  I hope you'll find some other brands that are more co-operative.
Can you make any recommendations, at this time, concerning brands to buy? Considering your current timeline and plans for future sensor support.
Almond+ with 2 dimmer switches, 2 binary on/off switches, 1 Qubino Flush dimmer, 1 Aeontec micro dimmer, 1 Fibaro Dimmer 2, 1 Lightify RGBW bulb, 2 Lightify Flex RGBW Led strip, 1 WeMo Bulb, 1 Fibaro magnetic door sensor, Vision PIR & temperature sensor.

LGNilsson

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2014, 09:10:13 pm »
We'll be adding support for more and more things over time.
Some more generic sensors will just work, like binary switches and many dimmers, door/window sensors, PIR sensors etc. whereas more complex devices may not work and will require work from our side.
We still have a lot of work to do, but right now, our goal is to make sure that everything on the supported sensors list work well, then we'll start adding support for more sensors.
You can still post requests, just don't expect us to be adding support for anything major for the next couple of months.

Page created in 0.072 seconds with 21 queries.

bottleneck