Choose style:

Author Topic: Want to make sure it's defective before I send it back  (Read 3217 times)

Offline azcurlygurl

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Want to make sure it's defective before I send it back
« on: October 23, 2014, 11:09:30 pm »
I set it up and it worked fine for 3 days, then my signal was dropped. This is not unusual because it happened at least 10 times a day with the previous router and the cable internet company always blamed my router. I reboot and it works for about 5 minutes and drops again.

I connect my old router and email customer support. This was 2 weeks ago, no response from customer support. Seems a common theme on this board.

The old router starts dropping every 15 minutes after cable outage. Rebooting with that frequency was driving me insane. I hook up the Almond again. It works! Yay! For 5 minutes  >:(

I go through the troubleshooting with the cable company... it's the router. Any suggestions for what I can try to make sure it's defective?

Amritendu

Re: Want to make sure it's defective before I send it back
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2014, 10:55:00 am »
I connect my old router and email customer support. This was 2 weeks ago, no response from customer support. Seems a common theme on this board.
I go through the troubleshooting with the cable company... it's the router. Any suggestions for what I can try to make sure it's defective?

@ azcurlygurl, I am a part of the support team and its really embarrassing if your email query was not responded. Since we follow a very rigid 24 hrs TAT for responding to emails, ideally it shouldn't have slipped through the cracks. What's worth mentioning here, I personally verified and didn't find any queries from the email address you have used to sign up for the forums (taramccray@yahoo.com). Let us know if you might have used any other email address and we would surely find out, why there wasn't a response!

Coming back to your issue, logically its quite unusual, that any router you use is a defective one, and your ISP claims the connection is flawless! Its quite evident you have an intermittent connectivity problem. On the other hand, just to ensure its not an Almond related issue, please check the firmware version (continue to tap on "More" till you reach the last screen and then tap on "About"). Let us know the firmware version and we would let you know if you require any technical troubleshooting form the Almond's end.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2014, 10:56:31 am by Amritendu »

Page created in 0.059 seconds with 20 queries.

bottleneck